1990 7.3 IDI F250 injection pump timing

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I am buying a 1990 f250 that needs an injection pump. I have read the articles on the replacement, but I am curious if anyone can recommend a shop in Portsmouth / Chesapeake Virginia that can be trusted to set the timing properly when I am finished.

MICHAEL MICHAUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DM me if you want. If you give me a deposit on PayPal I'll mail you my equipment to use it and when you're done with it and send it back to me if it's all there I'll give you Most of your money back.

Last edited:

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Michael. I am getting the truck moved to my house today and I am going to have a local mechanic that specialized in 7.3 diesels take a look just to make sure I am spending money on the correct problem. If it turns out to be the pump I will get in touch with you.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Michael. I am getting the truck moved to my house today and I am going to have a local mechanic that specialized in 7.3 diesels take a look just to make sure I am spending money on the correct problem. If it turns out to be the pump I will get in touch with you.

You may want to verify with the Mechanic that he understands this is a 7.3 IDI and not a 7.3 Powerstroke. Depending on his specialty, this will make a big difference.

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told he owns a 7.3 IDI and a Powerstroke. Only time will tell. But I will be sure to ask him directly. I am very mechanical, so I am not looking for someone to work on the the truck per say. Just someone to give me a good idea of what to address first.