1989 F-250 7.3 Project

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coolant system is fixed. New thermostat is 195 open start and assuming 212 fully open which would align with the book. Idled the truck for 2 hours and it just bounced between 211/212. Everything else looked good.
You must be registered for see images attach

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last two times I opened the coolant system I’ve used the harbor freight vacuum filler and it is well worth the $80 for your time, purging, and testing the system. Bonus points the default tool fits right in our radiators without an adapter. Made a short video on how to use it.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a slick way to fill the system. Never seen it used before.
Thanks for making and posting the video.

Now here is one more tool to add to the inventory.

Goat

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last two times I opened the coolant system I’ve used the harbor freight vacuum filler and it is well worth the $80 for your time, purging, and testing the system. Bonus points the default tool fits right in our radiators without an adapter. Made a short video on how to use it.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Very cool! Never seen that before and it's quite a good setup. Thanks for the video!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the rear harness of the truck and lighting. Everything works. Reviewed the diagram for the reverse lighting, spliced together a C6 harness and a ZF5 harness to make the reverse circuit. Essentially just had to cut a female connector out of the ZF5 harness and flip it on the C6 side. One of the pics was the temporary wiring for the connectors. Last thing I have to wrap up for the rear is the license plate lighting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller