1986 F-250 OEM Radio Wiring

Eric Kirchner

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new to my 86 F-250. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it came with an OEM radio that has had an AUX port installed. This stereo needed to be installed. When I pulled out the aftermarket radio that did not work anymore, face plate was jacked up, I noticed that someone had hacked the wiring and I'd love some advice.

My radio has the two OEM pin connectors. See first two photos.

Coming from the truck, it has one OEM pin connector that connects to the second image I attached. See image 3.

Now here is where I'm lost. Someone cut the other pin connector off to install the aftermarket cd player. Please see the final 3 images.
From what I can gather is that this is what they are all for:
Black with white stripe Wires in 4th photo are for the (-) L and R speakers
Orange with green stripe is the (+) Left Speaker
White with Green is the (+) Right Speaker
Black is the ground, because that is what the label said (image 5)
Yellow is constant power, cause thats what the label said Cant upload due to image restrictions.

My question is if anyone knows where I can get an OEM pin connector that comes from the truck and connects to the one from the stereo? If not an option, any other recommendations?

Thank you in advance,

Eric

You must be registered for see images attach

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try Crutchfield (or ebay). But you don't really need it.

Your stereo should come with a female one (one that plugs into the stereo) with bare wires at the other end. The stereo should also identify what wires are what. Match them up with the wires you identified above and butt connect them together.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wish I knew how to take my stereo out so I can get the clock to shower since my light for it went out

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There’s your pinout, but like Greg said your new radio should have all that covered

Eric Kirchner

Reaction score
Hey Thank you for the info. I'm a little unclear and perhaps I was not clear in my initial post. So, I am installing an OEM radio that has had an AUX port put in it.

Coming out of the OEM Radio: One set of wires has the female pin connector(Image 2 above) and the other has the male(Image 1 Above).

Coming out of my truck I have the male end(Image 3 above) that matches to the female end from the stereo(Image 2).

My question is, does anyone sell the female pin connector that comes out of the truck? Then I could wire it up and connect it directly to the male end(image one).

Thank you again,

Eric

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Thank you for the info. I'm a little unclear and perhaps I was not clear in my initial post. So, I am installing an OEM radio that has had an AUX port put in it.

Coming out of the OEM Radio: One set of wires has the female pin connector(Image 2 above) and the other has the male(Image 1 Above).

Coming out of my truck I have the male end(Image 3 above) that matches to the female end from the stereo(Image 2).

My question is, does anyone sell the female pin connector that comes out of the truck? Then I could wire it up and connect it directly to the male end(image one).

Thank you again,

Eric

Rockauto or a junkyard might have it eBay has a whole radio but yeah not sure that will help

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A $50 Sony will be less trouble than that OEM radio & will be easier to install + more power

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Salvage yard will be your best option. probably any Ford vehicle of that era would work. I'm guessing you are trying to keep the stock appearance of the truck.

Eric Kirchner

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for the advice and input. Unfortunately my circumstances have changed and I need to sell this beauty. She is posted in the marketplace if anyone is interested in this CA truck.