1953 Dodge Power Wagon Project

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My cousin bought this 1953 Dodge Power Wagon about a year ago....Flat head six, 4 speed. Pretty decent shape, it runs (not easy to start)....Then he pretty much begged me to fix it up for him.:rotflmao....."Your the man for the job"....he said as he blew smoke up my ****.:rolleyes:.....He has a reconditioned fuel tank and rad here for it, new wheel cylinder rebuild kits and an electric fuel pump to be installed until he can get the original pump rebuilt....I also need to get the lights working, 24V system with a rebuilt generator.....Between Goofy and myself we should get started on it this week. He just wants to make a good runner out of it and then have a new coat of army green applied.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Those are awesome trucks. I'd like to have with a 4BT in it. There is one on the San Antonio CL for sale with a 4Bt. They are asking 10,500 for it so it's a little out of my price range.
So he is keeping the engine that is in it. You mean you didn't talk him into going diesel?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
No diesel, he's a dyed in the wool Dodge guy - me - I would leave the flattie in there too....Simplicity at it's finest.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
If we get this 1 plus foot of snow, the wife and kids may need it to get out and around! lol.

If all goes good, I should be able to start on her with you Sunday....depends on what time tomorrow we get finished plowing. I can't wait to get elbows deep in it and see what the technology was like back in 1953 lol.