$1.40 per litre for Diesel....WMO.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Ok heres a couple pics of the prototype :D
You must be registered for see images

You can see I used a extention and a socket the socket goes on the stock hex drive for the pump and the extention allows a lil flex between the pump and motor.

Next one is goin to be a lil more stealth-like,high TQ starter/460 pump all on a optima yellow.You could even set it up on a remote door lock/unlock from a ricer....oh the insanity....LOL

Stu

now that is cool, thanks for sharing;Sweet i think i have a couple of AMC pumps lying around.....

acousticrawk

Reaction score
Ok heres a couple pics of the prototype :D

You can see I used a extention and a socket the socket goes on the stock hex drive for the pump and the extention allows a lil flex between the pump and motor.

Next one is goin to be a lil more stealth-like,high TQ starter/460 pump all on a optima yellow.You could even set it up on a remote door lock/unlock from a ricer....oh the insanity....LOL

Stu

when youre pumping that fast, how well does it filter??? are you regulating the speed of the starter?

or.. is that just youre pumping set up, like for fluid transfer? that would be good to fill the tank once its already been filtered.

lazyscholar

Reaction score
a friend of mine is about to give me a 55 gal barrel of oil and atf diesel is 3.85 per gal here ill build my setup this weekind it will just be a gravity fed system.

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now that is cool, thanks for sharing;Sweet i think i have a couple of AMC pumps lying around.....

It's a ford 460 oil pump(AMC's are built into the front cover). The AMC part is the starter.

acousticrawk, this is my WVO pump I'm building another for WMO they are for transfer.I think you would blow filters apart with this setup.

Stu

oly_fab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That might work awesome for pumping tanks while collecting.

Yep works great,but be careful.I had the pump,battery and collection tank in the back of my ricer hatchback(sucking some WVO).The pickup hose sucked some air..it kind of belches when the oil behind the air hits the pump.BAM! the outlet comes out of the collection tank and its spraying around in my car like a garden hose.Heh car now has the perma fry smell.

Oh yeah not sure what the lift is on it but you can have it sitting in the back of the truck and pull cold oil from ground level to a tank in the truck bed.

Stu

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I put about 20L of WMO in the rear tank, 35L in the front tank and it cost me $94 to fill the truck up at $1.32/liter...I hear the price is going up tonight. My F-inlaw took a SOS sample of my filtered WMO to CAT for analysis to see how high the particle count is...I'll let you guys know what they tell me so we'll all know if the 2 micron CAT filter is any good or not.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been filling the rear tank to 3/4 full then top off the last 5gal w/ diesel. I can drive to work and back for about $20. for the week! I keep the front tank "clean" diesel to start on. Been filtering to 5 mic. 2X.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the smoke when running that much oil? I would love to run 75/25, this weekend i am going to do a 5 gallon test of 50/50. Going to go down to the local hobby shop and test it all out. Grab oil from all the people doing their oil change. But if it don't smoke too bad then i am all about a 20$ week.

For this test I'm looking at using sock filters is there anywhere local i can get something like this? Home Depot, Lowes, fish store.

Last edited:

pat_da_man

PatMan
Reaction score
i was able to buy my sock filters at a place called LES HALL filter service ltd. dont know if they are popular store or anything but thats the only place other then ordering online that i could find.

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the smoke when running that much oil? I would love to run 75/25, this weekend i am going to do a 5 gallon test of 50/50. Going to go down to the local hobby shop and test it all out. Grab oil from all the people doing their oil change. But if it don't smoke too bad then i am all about a 20$ week.

For this test I'm looking at using sock filters is there anywhere local i can get something like this? Home Depot, Lowes, fish store.

Ebay has all types and micron ratings

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

mine smokes some more but i dont think it is to bad at those mixes. a turned up pump would put out much more. it is a lighter smoke to, not as thick and black as a cranked pump.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it always smoke though? I'm just worried looking like a broken old truck smoking like a freight train.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It's official....Diesel is $1.408 per liter as of midnight yesterday, good thing I topped off the truck yesterday at lunch time....:puke: -cuss....Time to fatten up the WMO mixture I guess. I still haven't heard back on my CAT oil sample yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online