$1.40 per litre for Diesel....WMO.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed more of a gray smoke at times, but today I had thick black rollin out the pipe, could be cause its warmer. For the most part I can tell by the smoke what tank I'm runnin on. You will definately be able to smell oil burning when you run the stuff.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Mine starts a little harder when it's not plugged in....I'm running about 30-40% WMO right now I would think. No noticible smell or smoke...Pulls as good or better. Just cranks a little longer to start.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just did a 5 gallon test batch in my truck and all seems well. The truck for some reason smokes less now, idk? Not as much black smoke coming out, but whatever, didnt notice any other change. So now i need to build up a system to do all of the filtering for me. Took over an hour to filter 2.5 gallons by hand so im pretty excited about it. 2$ a gallon here i come!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
With my filtering system I can just hook up the air line and walk away, it won't overfill my gas cans as I only do 5 gallons at a time.

RustyRecycledT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I've run out 3 tanks of WMO commuting. (140 mile round trip)

So far, the differences I've noticed are minimal. Running a 50/50 mix, engine seems a little quieter, power is down just a tad, morning starts are actually quicker, EGTs run about 75* hotter at cruising speed. The exhaust smokes a little more under acceleration and smells a little worse. Enough so that yesterday a friend (a lifetime diesel mechanic who didn't know I was running WMO) walked by the truck, paused, then stuck his head under the truck to smell the exhaust. Came out telling me that I had better sell the truck because he thinks it's starting to burn some oil.:rotflmao

I have had to haul one car on the trailer, I switched tanks from the WMO tank to the diesel while under a load. Once all the WMO was out of the system I could notice a considerable difference in power. In the future, I will be running straight diesel if pulling anything over 6000#. If the roads around here were straight or relatively flat it may be different. But around here there are hills everywhere.

The filtering rig that I built is also air powered and portable. 30 gallon capacity, takes about 30 minutes start to finish to process 30 gallons. All in all, I'm glad I built the filtering rig and can run the WMO in the truck.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice power loss while towing? Kinda important being that my truck lives with a trailer behind it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
So far I've run out 3 tanks of WMO commuting. (140 mile round trip)

So far, the differences I've noticed are minimal. Running a 50/50 mix, engine seems a little quieter, power is down just a tad, morning starts are actually quicker, EGTs run about 75* hotter at cruising speed. The exhaust smokes a little more under acceleration and smells a little worse. Enough so that yesterday a friend (a lifetime diesel mechanic who didn't know I was running WMO) walked by the truck, paused, then stuck his head under the truck to smell the exhaust. Came out telling me that I had better sell the truck because he thinks it's starting to burn some oil.:rotflmao

I have had to haul one car on the trailer, I switched tanks from the WMO tank to the diesel while under a load. Once all the WMO was out of the system I could notice a considerable difference in power. In the future, I will be running straight diesel if pulling anything over 6000#. If the roads around here were straight or relatively flat it may be different. But around here there are hills everywhere.

The filtering rig that I built is also air powered and portable. 30 gallon capacity, takes about 30 minutes start to finish to process 30 gallons. All in all, I'm glad I built the filtering rig and can run the WMO in the truck.

interesting you noticed the power was down when you were towing. i don't tow very much usually just hauling stuff like wood or scrap in the bed so i have never run into that. i wonder if something can be done about that since oil has more BTU content than diesel.

yea i can smell when i am running oil though, smell like the rings are shot but for the money saved......who cares.

i did just get a pyro that i should have had before so i can keep track in case i run i higher mix i don't melt anything.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I hauled a F150 4x4 supercab today running 30-40% WMO, didn't really notice any difference other than the old girl is addicted to having block heater being plugged in all winter...LOL...She takes a little cranking to fire up cold on the WMO.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that it seems to act different on each "special blend" I figue that I really dont know whats in the buckets I've been using, ATF, hydrolic, Diesel oil, and car oil so the fuel quality is different each time. Outside air temp makes a difference too.

sassyrel

Reaction score
ok-- i read the whole thread--one comment--the guy that rebuilds my pumps on the 94 turbo idi--said--the ip doesnt like anything larger than 5 microns----because of the tolerances--hes a certified rebuilder of pumps ----not a fly by night

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.