1/4 mile times w PROOF

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
There's no way that Fummins is running 1000hp. I swear, some of these cummins guys are as bad as the ricer crowd. Slap a big F'n wing and about 15 decals on the thing and its running 1000hp. Its like some of these people have no concept of what 1000hp really is. I helped build a 1000hp+ drag car, a camaro, and that car runs in the 6's. I also know what 1000hp looks like when it hooks up and that truck showed no signs of frame flex or wheel hop or anything. I swear, I really get tired of all the guys throwing out the 1000hp number. I mean seriously, why lie, just because its a round number and sounds tough? Not to mention that 1000hp camaro had over $45,000 in the engine, then you still had all the frame and suspension mods to support that 1000hp+ engine.

I'll be realistic. I'd be THRILLED to break into the 16 second mark with my brown truck this summer at the rally. More realistically I'm betting on a 17 second time because I'm running a manual transmission. When I dyno the truck I'd be amazed to see over about 210hp. Just thinking realistically.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
There's no way that Fummins is running 1000hp. I swear, some of these cummins guys are as bad as the ricer crowd. Slap a big F'n wing and about 15 decals on the thing and its running 1000hp. Its like some of these people have no concept of what 1000hp really is. I helped build a 1000hp+ drag car, a camaro, and that car runs in the 6's. I also know what 1000hp looks like when it hooks up and that truck showed no signs of frame flex or wheel hop or anything. I swear, I really get tired of all the guys throwing out the 1000hp number. I mean seriously, why lie, just because its a round number and sounds tough? Not to mention that 1000hp camaro had over $45,000 in the engine, then you still had all the frame and suspension mods to support that 1000hp+ engine.

I'll be realistic. I'd be THRILLED to break into the 16 second mark with my brown truck this summer at the rally. More realistically I'm betting on a 17 second time because I'm running a manual transmission. When I dyno the truck I'd be amazed to see over about 210hp. Just thinking realistically.

Do a 0-60 time in your brown truck,

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. Only a Cummins will break the 13 second mark. No powerstroke or IDI will ever go that fast, not one that's owned by joe blow farmer anyway.

You do know that a 7.3L PSD holds the record right now dont you?

Quickest time: 11.12 sec

Fastest speed: 128.98 mph

antivtec

Brown Bomber
Reaction score

if it took a 1000hp to run an eleven four then something is wrong. my room mate has a 2002 dodge 2500 cummins twin turbo makin 700 or so hp to the wheels and 1200 or so lb feet of torque (ill get the dyno sheet this weekend and scan it) and his truck ran a mid to high 11. surely an extra 300 horse gained him more than half a second. my room mates truck is nasty, isnt perfectly built but it will HAUL ASS! and we have dyno numbers to prove it, and also the time slips to prove it. if that truck has a 1000 hp he is having issues.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You do know that a 7.3L PSD holds the record right now dont you?

Quickest time: 11.12 sec

Fastest speed: 128.98 mph

But can it pull your 5th wheel :dunnocookoo:confused:;pLOL (I had to say something)....

Damn that's quick... these trucks ain't light.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I have my street rod to go fast in and my truck to haul with

My problem is... my truck is faster than my street rod. PSD ran a 15.30, and my Maverick only ran a 15.60 :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would have had more times, but our drag race got rained out at last years rally.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

Do a lil research on MADDOGS truck. It is like 946? HP At the tires. An it is a real street truck that he actually drives, so it is not stripped down. I would say the truck weighs close to 8k not like your cousins 3k camaro. O did i also mention that he tows a mobile dyno around w the truck too? So yes. it is a 11 sec truck that is close enough to a 1000hp for me.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt8w3qlzZhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaCbSfw_ySI&feature=related

What world record are we talking about? Here is two under 10sec passes that look legit to me. 100% streetable truck, Maddog is hard to beat in my eyes. I freaking hate the tuner cars and the crowd that goes wth them for the most part but I'm sure its the same as the diesel world. A very few have the coin to make 1000hp so the posers put what they can on their vehicle and talk a big game. Us humble people marvel and respect the 1000hp accomplishments and remain content knowing our 150hp trucks ( or tuners for that matter)will be there for us when we need them the most. The difference? More humble people in the diesel crowd.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Where did I ever say it was my cousins Camaro? Its not, its a fully sponsored pro drag car, I was part of the team that built the engine.
My point is I've seen 1000hp in both cars and trucks, one of those trucks being a full size Ford pickup, it ran like a second faster than that (more than a second if I remember correctly) and it came off the line like it was going to kill someone. This wasnt a diesel but 1000hp is 1000hp. He should be running allot faster than that if he's in the 950-1000hp range.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Where did I ever say it was my cousins Camaro? Its not, its a fully sponsored pro drag car, I was part of the team that built the engine.
My point is I've seen 1000hp in both cars and trucks, one of those trucks being a full size Ford pickup, it ran like a second faster than that (more than a second if I remember correctly) and it came off the line like it was going to kill someone. This wasnt a diesel but 1000hp is 1000hp. He should be running allot faster than that if he's in the 950-1000hp range.

My bad. thought i read that is was your cousins car.

Anyway. Add 5-6K to the camaro and see if it slows it down in the 1/4 mile by a couple seconds. Weight plays a HUGE part in drag racing

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Is he running a slush box? Is he doing 4wd launches? I just can't make sense of how it hooks up, it hooks up about like its running a stock motor. Like I said that 4wd full size F250 running a 1000hp big block came off the line so hard it looked like it was going to rip itself apart. I wish I had video of it to show you.

dyoung, I'd do a 0-60 video but I dont have a speedometer right now so RPM is my judgment for speed and I wouldn't want you guys to take my word on it that 60mph in 4th is such and such RPM.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slush box and 4wd launch, Maddog's truck is more of a dyno queen than a race truck, it's known to be a bit of a lagmaster on the road, but, it is Dyno proven at over 1000 hp, been in magazines and the whole bit...
Here's one for you to chew on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIX6BgyiOuQ&feature=channel
Lifted, and 100% street legal, also, it actually burns all it's fuel... LOL

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
everyone arguing about putting 1000 horses under the hood of a diesel..... show me one with that much power that makes it as long as all the stock ones on here without an engine....

I for one value my truck
I like reliability and only having to work on what I choose to
I don't plan to race my truck
I couldn't care less about how fast my truck is, it does what I need it to
if I wanted a fast truck, I'd take a ranger, put it on a custom frame, pull the engine out of my mustang, and put it in there
as far as my truck, it gets me there, plain and simple, why would I be that ******* my trusted friend?

my $0.02.....

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

1000HP In a gasser is completly different than 1000 hp in a diesel, all u guys are looking at it the wrong way, that car that u built makes 1000 hp (iam not saying itdoesent) but one anything that big takes off slow, (maby he didnt leave full throttle) also it was lifted and had larger tires these are all things that go into account, not to mention u cannont compare a diesel 1000hp to gas because the ammount of power made is at way different rpm ranges iam not saying that that truck does or doesen make 1000 hp but their are to many variables, look at this video this is a guy at my local shop and it really makes 1200 hp do u notice their isnt much flex? u just cant go saying something is or isnt doing something if u have no experience with it personally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj34zAbixAQ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online