WTS light relocation

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ive always thought that Ford did a terrible job on the location of the wts light on the 80-86 pickups, and have a deep hatred for the tacky fake woodgrain sticker dashs. As far as I know the only dashs offered in the diesel pickups was the woodgrain, but gassers had some pretty good looking options, so I went junkyard shopping and came up with this. As an added bonus I got the extra storage pocket below. What do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Tough call. I actually like the faux wood grain. But extra storage is always fun also!

What kit did you use for a stereo adapter?

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kit did you use for a stereo adapter?

Thats a bit of a sore subject with me, I didnt use an adapter, just cut the whole and stuck the metal cage for the stereo into the plastic. I would suggest against it, because on washboard roads it bounces terribly, it needs the support from behind the dash.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Yours looks great with the black, I've only seen a few trucks with that. I like the wood grain on a colored dash but with your tan, wood grain would be a bit much I think. Looks great tho!

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good. I was considering doing that, but did away with the wait to start light all together. That little pocket is really handy. I just picked up another panel for my regularly cab today.