wmo in a 6.5?

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prolly because they don't look like an old dog. 83-91 is the old body style GM.

Classic bodystyle. The gmt-400 (88-2000 trucks, 92-2001 burbs) is the obs

I have had too many chevies and when my blazer dies I will never have another.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Ds4 is fine just get a pdm cooler and relocate the pdm behind the front bumper. The optic sensor function can be programmed out. The advantage of the ds4 is bigger fuel lines and it can command more fuel.

If you look hard enough you can diesel tahoes.

Wow, where can I find info about programming out the optic sensor??

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I am listening also.

Same.

If thats the case... I went through the trouble of putting a throttle cable and mechanical pump with throttle on my 6.5. I left the pcm alone and stuck a tps on the pump to the accelerator input on the pcm. No one i talked to ever even mentioned that was a possiblilty.

On a side note, i kinda like the older pre 92 burbs with the barn doors on the back with a diesel.

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with turbo doc on dts, he can point you in the right direction. I didn't do it to mine, I just did an optic bump and ran a 70/30 mix of clean fuel and whatever junk I could find, but the guy from iceland that wrote my tune said it was an option on certain year ds4 pumps.

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you just time it by ear and do away with all the offset bs?

Yep, and once you figure out your timing value you can get your chip reflashed.

I got a little ahead of myself....... The truck that had the optic function programmed out never ran right, so apearently it can't be done............ Sorry for telling tales out of school.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
irregardless, smoking a DS4 pump isn't my idea of fun. I'd rather do the DB2 conversion with the throttle cable than taking my chances on having to find a rebuilt DS4 for under a grand.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I bought two DS4's for my truck and it never ran right. I finally broke down and got one from the dealer for 1g and it was perfect till i clouded the optic sensor. I swapped in a DB2 and throttle cable in my suburban. I had a reliable fuel system after that. Its not a very hard job to convert either. I was most worried about the transmission controls but i left the stock pcm in and stuck a tps on the pump from the accelerator pedal and the pcm thought it was ok. The service engine soon light had come on due to the lack of a optic sensor and pump driver but it still shifted the transmission correctly.

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't remember who i got mine from...... it wasn't heath but it was another hopped up pump supplier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online