wmo in a 6.5?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Im seriously looking at 6.5td Suburbans for the wife and only interested if I can get away with running high % of WMO in this thing. How does the 6.5td's handle WMO if its' been filtered down?

Turbo OM617

Reaction score
It can't be used in any vehicle. Its horrible on the environment.

bobbywalter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a mechanical pump and you will find it gobbles a frightening array of oil with good injector nozzles;Really

wmoguy

Reaction score
:dunno its a wives tale:confused:

seems like an ancient benz snob thing at this point hell bent on re-education

Lol yea I know I was just trying to bring him back to the table to share his incorrect position. It would be very tough to tell this idi crowd you can't run WMO..

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on the year burb but 94+ is a big no no. The wmo messes with the optic sensor. Clean fuel only!

You can do an optic sensor bump. I ran any old junk fuel I could find in both my 94 pos block cracking silverado and later in 2000 navistar block powered 91 burb. Both had the ds4 ip.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
people always poo pooed me for it.

tell me about it, i have heard enough about how my engine will be dead in weeks. that was years ago, burning WMO is an acceptable means of recycling according to the EPA last time i checked.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im seriously looking at 6.5td Suburbans for the wife and only interested if I can get away with running high % of WMO in this thing. How does the 6.5td's handle WMO if its' been filtered down?
you will have the fewest problems with the non-DS4 motors. GM 6.2/6.5's will eat WMO just as well as a IH IDI.

wmoguy

Reaction score
you will have the fewest problems with the non-DS4 motors. GM 6.2/6.5's will eat WMO just as well as a IH IDI.

thx Calvin. I'm having a hellacious time finding a decent 1991-1993 Burb w/ the 6.5 that isn't trashed, or they want as much as it cost new. I've got my feelers out there, but also shopping for a 4bt and maybe just doing a swap in a Tahoe/Yukon (the size vehicle the wife would prefer anyway)

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ds4 is fine just get a pdm cooler and relocate the pdm behind the front bumper. The optic sensor function can be programmed out. The advantage of the ds4 is bigger fuel lines and it can command more fuel.

If you look hard enough you can diesel tahoes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7