Wiper motor replacement

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So recently my wiper motor started making some noise and running a bit slow. I have seen the pivots get sticky, so I lubed them but nothing really changed. I am not in a terrible hurry as it's about to stop raining for the summer, but I am going to have to change it before next fall.

My experience tells me that wiper motors last a long time in general, so I am leaning towards a boneyard replacement, however, I'll drop the money if they are notorious for laying down over time.

Mine is the "two connector" version, I am imagining that they are all the same from 1992-1997, but any cross reference input and/or R&R tricks would be much appreciated.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine the last time I had the engine out. My truck is a 2 plugger and it's an 87. Once you get the cowl off it's a simple removal and install. Removing the am/fm antenna on the fender is a must, simply pop off the rectangular cover and remove the screws hiding underneath. Then the screws for the cowl and you're there.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
for what it's worth...

i swapped mine out with a boneyard replacement... it's a little faster and just as noisy as the one I pulled outta there. If you care about the paint on your hood/cowl cover, spend the money on a new one and do the job once.

I disassembled the replacement one apart before hand and magnalubed it, but, it's still horribly noisy.

;Really