Will they fit... wheel questions

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are lug centric but the hub bore may be on the small side. the 2007 wheels are most definitely front wheel drive offset. I used to drive a '07 3500 dodge 4x4 for work.

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the seller says the hub clears his Dana 80 and should clear my hubs.
I'm just going to use the 17s as street commuters and save my 35x12.5x16.5 for the dirty jobs and play time.

I hope they work...

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of the Dodges ran their front 4x4 stub axles all the time with no lockout hubs sticking through the wheel. That's where the problem comes about, you probably have 4x4 hubs that stick out in the front correct?

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hubs on my 87 f250 do stick out.
Not sure about the Dodge. but from the photo he sent they seem to have very large hub holes... says they clear his Dana 80 hubs and should clear mine.

If they do indeed fit will I have any issues being that they are lug centric?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they don't fit...
$50 each to have the center hole resized.... that's how much I paid for both sets of rims, lugs and center caps.... CRAP.
going take them to the guy and offer him a crispy 100 cash and hope he bites. if not I'm gonna flip them.

Sux

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy rims for a FORD they should fit ford...buy dodge rims...should fit dodge....dont see dodge emblem on my ford....

Besides offset all wrong

JM7.3CW Eh!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
There's a few Dodge nuts around here that try to claim just the opposite. They say that they tried to put a Ford rim on a 1985 Dodge and it wouldn't fit. Since it's now a trailer, they cut the center hole out. I kept telling them that they're crazy. I finally had to look at it to see what they're talking about. Sure enough, it's a Ford rim with the center cut out. What they don't even think about is the fact that the Ford rim is a split rim. As far as I know, they haven't made those since probably in the 60's. Of course it won't fit! But they are blind. All they know is that the Ford rim won't fit on a Dodge. Some people just can't be taught!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
86-97 ford rims have the largest hub hole. they will fit on anything. nothing else will fit on them other than aftermarket. i have opened up a set of chevy H2 wheels to fit on mine with a aluminum burr on my die grinder.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford rims up to mid 80's where same hub pilot as dodge......cough..chev cough had a smaller hub pilot. All 3 had 8 x 6.5 bolt pattern.

In mid 80s Ford went to larger diameter hub dia thusly they go on just bout anything.

If u hog out center the wheel weight rating is shot as these are hub centric not lug cemtric wheels.

Ford up to the f 350 super duty late 90's had normal offset due to the D60 axle w spindle. Once they went to a unit bearing style the wheel offset changed.

Same for dodge...their old solid axle prior to unit bearings had spindles amd different wheel offset so trying new dodge wheels on ford puts the wheel to offset towards frame and may affect steering considerably due to neg offset.

JM7.3CW Eh!

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I run a set of the later (2005ish) Dodge 17" wheels on my old W250 Dodge. They are lug centric. The conical seat lugnut and corresponding seat in the wheel decide that. I also have a 5" wider rear axle, and 2" front spacers to cancel out their positive offset. They are not ideal wheels for everybody.

You must be registered for see images attach

FWIW, Ford rear hubs can be turned down to Dodge size - but not chevy size (axle bolts get in the way). Ford front hubs can be turned down to Ford or Chevy size. (I dabbled with a lot of 80's/90's Fords and Chevs before I went Dodge.)

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not open up the center hole on any wheel. When they punch the rim out (steel rim) they leave that turned up lip there for strength. I would be afraid after awhile the rim would develop cracks around the lug area if the center was cut out.

Aluminum rim might be different though.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends how much you'd have to take out, but would be a bit nervous with aluminum wheels as well. Agree with ^ about the lip on steelies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online