Why & How Did You Get Here.

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Stumbled across the site while trying to do research on how to cram a diesel in an f150, and thanks to the knowledgeable folks here on this site... I've been able to put 46781.3 miles on the truck since the swap

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i got my truck almost 3 years ago. the first forum i joined was powerstroke.org. in searching that site i found a like to this site and joined right away, the rest is history. i am also on FTE, PSN, PSA, & Comp D. this site and FTE get me my idi fix. PSN & PSA are for drooling/dreaming about the new diesels.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Looking for a source of information for running my 1991 F-350 on bio-diesel led me to Oil Burners. It was the hands down best site out there for IDIs. Still is. I am blown away with the amount of knowledge and experience on this site. The members here are friendly and have a good sense of humour. I actually feel closer to the folks on this site than my Facebook "friends". I have learned so much from the members here, hopefully I can contribute back to the collective some of my limited knowledge.

Cheers guys :cheers: and Happy New Year! :party:

BTW, no one told me these diesels were addictive! LOL

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Was looking for help with a troublesome E4od. Led me to oilburners and thedieselstop, which I was a member of for a while already. Oilburners blows it away yet it is still a good site.

Yes, I cured the E4od issues and learned a ton thanks to both forums. They don't scare me anymore....or not as much haha

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
researching before getting my first IDI (deciding between it and a first gen powerstroke)

I ended up learning enough from reading in this forum (and tinkering on that truck), that when I saw one completely submerged under flood water I went and bought it as soon as the water receeded ;Sweet

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I believe Travis (argve) emailed me and told me everyone was coming over here, so i joined up. I joined TDS because of google and TDS was the only place that had an E-series board.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for a truck to haul my car trailer. I had been using the 2 1/2 ton stake beds from my work whenever it needed to move. They were both gassers, and while neither had any problem pulling it. (no matter what I put on it) I was pretty sick of the fuel bill. So I went looking around online for info about diesels. Being a ford guy, and a poor guy, it pretty much came down to the IDI and the first gen powerstroke. So obviously threads from here started to take over my googles.

Not long after that, the She-Devil fell into my lap. I stole her for like $600 because she was missing batteries and had a bad GP controller. Before this I'd never even looked at a diesel engine. Literally knew nothing at all. So I spend a few nights learning about the 87 6.9. Figure since I bought it, I might as well join. You know, If I actually have a question or two that hadn't actually been answered by the guru's here already. Three months later, I had her starting on the first crank, and hazing the city. So after driving her for a few months, and pulling more than a few heavy loads... I get the crazy idea.... I'm just going to pile all 8000# of my shop, my first supra (with it's 4.6 v8) and whatever else misc crap I can fit onto truck/trailer (about 19k gross) and move from Sac to Vegas!

That didn't go well.... That didn't go well at all....

So my first post here was actually in the 911 section, where DragRag (who is a saint) Stayed up late into the evening so my brother in law could pick me up a new trans, and I could attempt to put the She-Devil back together on the side of the road. A few hundred "*** am I doing? and *** am I doing this?" posts later, I've learned more than I think I would have taking a diesel tech course. I tried to kill this truck with FIRE and she runs better now than she ever has. Not only that, I've stuck around. I never do that online, but this is the most welcoming community I've ever seen or been a part of. Period.

I do so enjoy this place.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I bought my first Ford IDI and was searching the internet and stumbled on to TDS. Joined there and then some were talking about OB there. And I came over here and joined right away. Then I (we) met Travis (Argve) near Ft. Wayne for dinner one sunday afternoon. And the rest is history. I have learned alot here and tried to help some over the years too. I do enjoy the group here alot and I still try to hang out whenever I can. I still have the original first ford IDI and I have had a guy trying to buy it. Another parts IDI and I have the '93 F350 IDI that is for sale. And I have the first PSD ('97 F250) I bought for sale now too.... I may be in the process of leaving the IDI world but, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for them.

Thank you all for any help, advise or just visiting over the years....!!!!

Hoss....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My story echos others. Was on TDS when I bought my '86 F250. Then the administration over there really took on a ****-like additude. Locking posts all the time for stupid things like wishing someone a Happy Birthday. What sealed the deal was locking threads about Bill's cancer and threatening to ban folks for posted about it in the forum. Insane.

So, after the 2005 Rally in Libson, OH......... I've been oilburners only.

THANKS MIKE FOR THIS PLACE!

Heath

Last edited:

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck about 4 yrs ago. Had some issues and I hadn't worked on a diesel in about 25 yrs so I talked to my boss (he has a VW diesel Rabbit p/u). He call a friend in Oregon (not sure who?) who told me about the site.

Read a lot, did some things, enjoyed the brotherhood, started to get more involved. This site has been a God send!!! I enjoyed the truck before, but with the wealth if info here it has made owning it much better. I would have been broke, lost or a non-IDI owner by now without you guys (and girls). ;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

Thanks to all, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I ended up here because I was looking at buying my first IDI pickup, the '86. Every time I searched for info about the IDI engine, and the slant nose vintage Ford trucks, the vast majority of Google responses were to posts on this forum. Well, the vast majority of "useful" data was here...

The "other" sites had plenty of posts on why buying an old truck with an old engine was a bad idea...

Like minded individuals here to be sure...

;Sweet