Why & How Did You Get Here.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
The 454 in my Chevy was in need of a rebuild and I didn't want to spend any $$ on a motor that got 5-7mpg. Got the bright idea to swap in a diesel, something neither me or my dad had ever worked with. A friend of mine told me about a guy that had a Ford turbo diesel for sale. I didn't know about the IDI, just the PS so I took a look at it and then drove it home 162 miles. With a leaking fuel filter. And 4 out of 6 bald tires. And the registration was 5yrs out of date. And it was in California and I lived in Nevada. No problem! LOL
Made it home, did some surfing and found a couple of sites that told me what I was in for. Ended up coming here more often and stopped looking at the others. Met some good people, both online and in person.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my '94 I was researching performance upgrades and not coming up with much I didn't already know about. Over on thedieselstop I was told of this so called Moose pump and directed here to learn more. I'm glad I looked into it. Thats what lead me here.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember how I got here, but I am glad I did. There are some amazing people here, both with knowledge and made a couple of friends (like ADV) who have not only made some work easier, but who have just become a great friend in general.

I'll be here to talk stupid and plan odd projects as long as I can, or at least until I completely fall apart.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got my 88 , I went in search of a tech resource that I could data mine,as I had no use for the bling/ yapping discussion b.s. Elsewhere!
I punch in xxxx forum and start lurking.
This is how I found the old scooter forum and this one!

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I began researching the 94 F250 IDI when I thought about buying it. Was looking around other forums and someone mentioned if you wanted to talk to the people who really knew what they were talking about to come here. They were right.

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Like many others was at TDS site and came over after everybody started coming here. Freighttrain told me about it...I think the older members remember him...:D

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing research on the current truck I own and couldn't stop reading. Once I bought the truck I had to make it official.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the name of the site from Diesel Power magazine. Got the truck here a few years ago and been learning ever since. This site has been very helpful.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for an IDI, every search brought me to this site first and I consistently got the best information and guidance.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Got the name of the site from Diesel Power magazine. Got the truck here a few years ago and been learning ever since. This site has been very helpful.

Were you reading about Project 300 in the magazine. Jason was doing a great thing bringing back His 6.9 farm truck. Sad he didn't finish it. I was helping him as best I could.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you reading about Project 300 in the magazine. Jason was doing a great thing bringing back His 6.9 farm truck. Sad he didn't finish it. I was helping him as best I could.

Well I don't remember if that was it or if it was a different article. I remember I think the article talked of these old trucks and how they weren't just huge on power but that they were simple and reliable and made good torque. Then it said that there was this website where there were IDI fanatics lol. I am part of them now too! ;Sweet

Edit: yes I was also enthused about project 300. Too bad it went by the wayside.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The author of the project 300 was Jason Thomson. He invited me to lunch one day and asked plenty of questions about my truck. After that I was in the magazine article. I had no idea I was even worthy of that. Next I knew I was helping him with his engine rebuild and timing meter issues. Ended up being in the magazine 3 different times. I was really honored too.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don't remember if that was it or if it was a different article. I remember I think the article talked of these old trucks and how they weren't just huge on power but that they were simple and reliable and made good torque. Then it said that there was this website where there were IDI fanatics lol. I am part of them now too! ;Sweet

Edit: yes I was also enthused about project 300. Too bad it went by the wayside.
it didn't go by the wayside. he sold it on ebay. check my sig.

troy_caleb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I unknowingly purchased a neglected and dying idi, resulting in copious amounts of frantic google searches. Most of which led me here. Found a few helpful members on other sites but this site and it's members stood out, so I joined. Sold the IDI do to life and was gone for a year, but have another one and am back!

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me, I wanted to learn the basics of how my truck works so I could maintain it properly. I found this place within 1 month of purchasing my truck. These pages are a SUPER resource. I may have to go to the rally next year to meet some of the good people!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online