1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's done a square body chev cummins swap

Discussion in '5.9L 12 valve Cummins' started by Isaac Ristow, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Isaac Ristow

Isaac Ristow Registered User

I have a 85 C30 dually 2wd with a 6.5 turbo diesel. Thinking about swapping to a 12 valve for more power and torque for hauling my farm tractors around. I will tow loads upto 20k trailer weight. I hauled 6000lb last year and it did it fine but wouldn't try anything over 10,000lb. Truck has 54k original miles and is in amazing shape. Thinking about using the dodge nv4500 2wd so i don't have to use adapters. Truck currently has a SM465 granny 3 speed so I would gain overdrive too. I'm building my 83 idi up for towing but would be nice to have more. The c30 would have way more potential of a truck with more power. I love the 6.5 its bad ass but takes allot of the duallys towing capabilities. [​IMG] 6.5 3.jpg 6.5.jpg

2. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

Its a tight fit especially if you are running the mech fan. Depending on what trans you run behind the cummins you will need to cut out the trans tunnel accordingly. Not a bolt in job, but not terrible either.

3. Isaac Ristow

Planning on a nv4500 from a dodge. I will probably run Efans on it too since room is a crunch. I'm hoping not to cut the body up at all but if I have to I will.

4. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

Well you may get away without it with that combo. A little body lift helps as well tucking the rear rocker under the cowl.

5. Isaac Ristow

will do thanks boss