Perkins T6.354.4 swap to Chevy C30 with brownie

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out driving it yesterday it's a blast. Got the driveshaft done got a boost and pyrometer gauges in. Made the shifter for the auxiliary. I've been floating though 8 gears but I can just do 5 or 6. Making about 15psi of max boost and pyrometer won't go over 800° so I'm going to start with turning the pump up and see if I need bigger injectors or not. Still plenty to do I need to do some floor work and get a couple shifter boots and new rubber flooring.
You must be registered for see images attach

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also changed all the fluids that damn engine literally holds 23 quarts of oil that's crazy for a 354 cu.in. engine. I had my buddy tig weld up the turbo side of the charge pipe and I made the steel engine side of the charge pipe. I'm curious to see how many people are going to ask me if I put a Cummins under the hood because it sounds similar one

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a short video of me shifting it. Been running great still have plenty of stuff to finish up. Also turned up the VE pump a couple turns on the fuel screw did not touch the afc it gained allot of power and will poor some smoke if I floor it off the line I might try to turn the afc down a little but if I drive it knowing how to drive it its clean

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to get it all messed up with a twin stick. I then drove a 13 speed behind a DD 8V92TA. I loved that tranny.