Which would be better IDI vs Power Stroke

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a wealth of technical articles at the top of this forum. You might want to gloss over some of them, especially to learn about SCA's and how to prevent Cavitation.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read through those articals. Very informative. I had read a few coments about cavitation here and there, but nobody really said much about it. FWIW - the hyperlink for how to use the test strips is not working. How long does it normally take for cavitation to eat a hole through the cylinder wall?

Well, back to the craigslist adds to see whats available this week.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably more a question of miles than time. I think most folks would be comfortable buying a 7.3 with unknown SCA maintainance in the 50 - 75K range, but beyond that, it gets to be a role of the dice. If a motor is not caviated through yet, it can be prevented with proper SCA maintainance.

nevrknow

Reaction score
FWIW ANY diesel is better then a gasser to me. I only got this one cause i loved the look. I'm all for the cheaper to fix mantra also. These PSD's can get "spensive" real quick. All in what you're looking to do with it IMHO. Daily driver? Drive it till the wheels fall off? Get into sled pulling?. Only you can decide that. Here in the real world, you can get really nice X brand of anything, and you can get really sh**ty X brand. Find what works for you, that's why they dont only sell red trucks. What works for "Bob" or "Joe" or " Mary" doesnt necessarily make me happy. Good luck in your search and it doesnt really matter, this is a great family that will help you no matter what you decide to buy. ;Sweet