Which side of the key?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
the same key will start both of my trucks.keys from almost any 92-97 will start both of my trucks.the ignition cylinder is so worn out in the one that it dont need a key at all.both are worn enough that i can pull the key out while they are running.really dont care to fix it as if somebody wants the trucks bad enough they will get them.this way it just lessons the damage done while they try to get them or possible damage if they cant get them.

HHHMMMM kind of a long drive, but for a free truck........LOL had the same problem in mine $16 and about 10 min with a screwdriver problem fixed. trouble is the new one is almost to tight and catches some.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The idiots at work "fixed" the column on the old junky 91 F-150.

In the process, they managed to screw up the switch such that a key is no longer necessary to drive it.

This thing sits outside on long weekends, on the dark side of the building, with the doors unlocked, various nice tools in the seat and floor, and has never been bothered, ever.

Sitting right next to it, a nice late model car that broke down and coasted in, got the catalytic-converter sawed off it the first night.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
My 93 has been able to remove the ignition key while it is running since the day I bought it new. I love that!!

My '92 was the same way. I always thought it was a nice feature that was done on purpose since I still needed the key to turn it off or on.

Tom

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
what I don't get about Ford is why did they use the same key for the Door and ignition but have a second key JUST for the glove box?

Also,not to steal a thread but,will the ignition and door locks interchange between a 91 and 94 truck?Thought about having new door locks and an ignition switch installed in both the E and WL in the future.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also,not to steal a thread but,will the ignition and door locks interchange between a 91 and 94 truck?Thought about having new door locks and an ignition switch installed in both the E and WL in the future.

nope.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what I don't get about Ford is why did they use the same key for the Door and ignition but have a second key JUST for the glove box?

The 5-cut cylinder will fit into a 10-cut column, but not vice-versa.

The 10 cut DOOR cylinder will probably work in an older door though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online