which return line kit ??

gendoc

Reaction score
for my 94 f250 7.3L-idi/na....i see many advertised on a few different suppliers websites.
which has been good for yall ?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I used an O'Reilly sold kit on my F250. On my RV, I just used o-rings I ordered as extras for the F250, bought the hose by the foot from AutoZone, and used a combination of the F250's old caps and the RV's old caps depending on how they looked condition wise. No return line air intrusion on either one since.

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delphi 7135-264. I used that kit on my truck and its excellent quality.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would send you to Russ if you've never done it before. I personally just ordered a package of Viton o rings and did it myself with new hose and the old caps.

Whatever you do, make sure you liberally lubricate the o rings and caps before putting the caps back on. I use wheel bearing grease and it works good.

If you buy a set with new caps, look them over closely. The inside should be clean and smooth. I've seen some with casting flash from poor QC and they needed some cleanup before installing.

Cheaper kits will come with less durable o rings. Viton is the way to go and I believe is what Russ sells in his kits.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to second what chillman and others will say, you gotta use viton o rings and spit all over those things when you put them in. What I really mean is lube them up nice and good. Buying from any of the above suppliers and doing that should have you on the road trouble free for years to come

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Do not use GB Remanufacturing injector install kit. The caps are too large in inside diameter.

I have had luck with a few of their other products, but not their return kits

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah what they said.

I used a napa kit, o rings are questionable a year later. Wiggly but dont leak

Lube em up plenty

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I used the Delphi kit a couple times. I got them from autozone or napa. They seem good after a couple years. Other times I just bought the fuel line and O rings, and just reused the caps since they were good. From now on, I am using the viton O rings either way, and like @chillman88 said, be sure to lubricate them good with grease, vaseline , or thick oil of any type.

Rock

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Whatever you do, make sure you liberally lubricate the o rings and caps before putting the caps back on. I use wheel bearing grease and it works good.,

I used petroleum jelly from Dollar Tree on my truck and RV and it worked well.

Fredrickson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To save someone/anyone the time, here is the link to buy viton rings from mcmaster-carr
(.. and put the keywords in this post for anyone searching for this later.)

Part number and link for the viton rings.. https://www.mcmaster.com/9464K24/

Chemical-Resistant Viton Fluoroelastomer O-Ring, 3/32 Fractional Width, Dash Number 111,
Packs of 50 viton o-ring, o ring, mcmaster, air intrusion, return line, caps

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To save someone/anyone the time, here is the link to buy viton rings from mcmaster-carr
(.. and put the keywords in this post for anyone searching for this later.)

Part number and link for the viton rings.. https://www.mcmaster.com/9464K24/

Chemical-Resistant Viton Fluoroelastomer O-Ring, 3/32 Fractional Width, Dash Number 111,
Packs of 50 viton o-ring, o ring, mcmaster, air intrusion, return line, caps
And don't forget that McMaster-Carr charges about $11 to ship that $8 pack of o-rings. cookoo
But of course they can't be bothered to put the shipping cost anywhere in the cart or checkout process. I emailed them once about it and they replied like it was so normal to hide the shipping cost. They said I could email them about it for every single order...what?! That was probably 5 years ago and nothing has changed. I love their site and parts and dimensions and all that, but they refuse to do the basic shipping cost per order. Clearly, it drives me nuts. -cuss

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And don't forget that McMaster-Carr charges about $11 to ship that $8 pack of o-rings. cookoo
But of course they can't be bothered to put the shipping cost anywhere in the cart or checkout process. I emailed them once about it and they replied like it was so normal to hide the shipping cost. They said I could email them about it for every single order...what?! That was probably 5 years ago and nothing has changed. I love their site and parts and dimensions and all that, but they refuse to do the basic shipping cost per order. Clearly, it drives me nuts. -cuss

It's not like every other company we've ever dealt with will at least estimate the shipping during checkout :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online