Where is all the Cummins-aholics

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
The troubles with the Cummins tech pages seems to be no greater than deciding what to bomb, and how to afford it. LOL

I've got an Idea :Sly ......
Check the Gen 1 forum, shortly....

bentwings

Reaction score
Kinda nice when nothing breaks or get screwed up. Just put some oil in it and drive around,

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
I try to stop in at least once a week, enjoy the site.

I agree, it is nice to just use the thing and let it ride with no worries. Wanna run it at almost WOT all day long??? Not a problem, keep the egt's in line and let'er rip.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I check in almost everyday, i just haven't posted very much. I am a converted Ferd guy so i am reading and learning as much as i can soak up.

Stevo :thumbsup:

bentwings

Reaction score
Definitions of a DCTD......n., common usage, a machine used for pulling very heavy trailers very fast. a device used to kill mosquitoes. eye candy. male enhancer. Man's best friend after his dog.

ProMac1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still here!

Tried to start some stuff in the 12V forum. Check out my new thread! :) Let's get some more tech talk! ;)

bentwings

Reaction score
Saddly last week my muffler and resonator were KIA by friendly fire ( O & A Torch co.). The truck is much louder now. It even seems to puff a little smoke at the stop lite. Carefull driving seems to have about 1/2 to 1 MPG better now. I need to put about 1000 miles on to really tell. I keep pretty goood track of oil mileage so I'll know in a few weeks.

Just getting ready for winter. I found a good place to get some sand so I'm going to pick up a big plastic tub at WM and tie it down good right at the tail gate. I found chains over at Fleet Farm so I think I'll pick up a set and practice installing them while it is warm. Only drive the rear 4 wheels so it is a bit dicey in the winter.

So far I have 35k on the new lift pump and it is still going strong. 13 at idle and 11 cruising just under 10 flat out but no trailer. Didn't seem to change much pulling 9000 lbs a few weeks ago. Even up hills.

I run bio-diesel when ever I can and PS when I fill up. MN will be B2 everywhere shortly. Seems to help.

bentwings

ProMac1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, how long until that biodiesel bill will be showing up at the pumps. I run it anyways, just wondering what the grace period is for the pumps. Run until out of regular diesel, or is it just coming with every truck load now? Man, diesel is getting expensive here! Went up $0.20 in one day!! :eek:

rubberfish

Reaction score
Cummins tech talk eh? Well in another few hundred km's
I'm going to jam my zero plate full forward and see what
I can get out of this beast. It's only been on the road for
a week and a half now, with a complete rebuild,
so I think I'll go driving aimlessly the next couple of days
so we're ready for BD Dyno Days Oct 15th.
Just wish fuel was a little cheaper. $1.09 litre.
Multiply that by about 4 for you U.S. guys.
Dad and I have been talking off and on about
the both of us pitching in and making bio-diesel.
I had BD build me a pump, and plan on dropping
in a set of 370's to spice things up a bit.
If this one goes up in flames, I'm going
to swear my head off for weeks I think.:)

bentwings

Reaction score
Well, I went 520 miles this weekend and got an even 22 so MPG is up a solid 1 mpg with the straight pipe. This was going into a strong wind for over 100 miles plus a little rat racing around. Then carring about 1500# in the bed.

diesel went up to $2.99 Sat in Winona but was $2.74 in Hastings. I totall forgot to fill the 2 5 gal cans too.

Diesel just went up to $3.05 in Winona tonight. crap I tune it up drive easy and what happens as a reward.....raise the price $.25

when is it going ot stop???

bentwings

Whit

Reaction score
Next year at this time you would be glad to pay ONLY 3 bucks a gallon :mad:

Heating oil in the NE is a huge product with over 90% of the homes using it as primary heating source, heating oil is basically the same thing as diesel fuel and we are already low on supply with some refineries still down from hurricane activity, if this winter is colder than normal it wouldnt surprise me a bit to see some kinda rationing on diesel fuel so if you think it is high now just hang onto your hat, not only that but the price of natural gas is up over 72% year to date and expected to go higher yet, its not that big of deal yet since all the smart folks havent tried to heat since the the temps are still warm but as soon as some folks pay a big heat bill the whine will be on and the big transportation costs will take a back seat to home heating on the news.About a year ago I had a thread on here pretaining to investing in oil and gas stocks, if anyone listened then they are getting some excellent return on the dollar, I know my 401k is up 272% last I looked and I wouldnt dought it if its over 300% now, I dont feel its to late as this (4th QT) is usually the best time of year for growth.

bentwings

Reaction score
I was just at Wally's tonight and I saw 30 wt chain saw bar oil for $3.25 a gallon. If diesel goes up much more I'll just have to get this stuff and I won't have to get the Power Serv any more.
I'll hit Tractor Supply on the weekend and see if non detergant oil in 5 gallon or more is cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if a 55 gallon barrel would be quite a lot cheaper. You can add 5% with no problem so it would save a little and lube the vp44 to boot.

TheWolf

Reaction score
I visit also, but do more reading than talking.(as you can tell, I joined not long after this site was up and running , but only have couple posts) The problem is that there is not much traffic here to read/post, as compared to some other sites that I also visit. Not just diesel site either, but other motor sport sites

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online