What's that hissing noise

mainiac

Reaction score
I just bought this 95 with a 5spd manual. Just curious to know what that hissing type sound is when I'm planed out at a steady speed.
It also kind of stumbles when I come to a stop.
IPR dirty?

mainiac

Reaction score
aitn no intercooler boot aint got one.
as for the hiss that is the EBV.
as for the stumble DMF

I thought that might be what was happening, seems to be right in the middle of the engine housing. It's pretty annoying.
I did notice the temp gauge never gets above the first "Normal" line. Could/would this have anything to do with the EBPV, I didn't find anything about it in the search engine. Aside from eliminating it, which isn't an issue in my eyes.
Also another thing I'm trying to feel out is the throttle positioning. I know it doesn't have a cable, but wonder what the deal is with the dead area at the top of the pedals travel. Nothing stumling about the engine, just a gap in throttle response. Is this normal? I am getting used to that, though.

I'm just coming over from the IDI forums, still have it and like both diesels a whole lot. Sorry for the lengthy read.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
the fuel pedal definitly feels different on a PSD than on anIDI. the pedal assemblies are known to go bad sometimes, but i think you may be feeling the lack of off-idle grunt the psd has compared to an IDI. if you just tuoch the IDI pedal you get response. my PSD is a slug off the line. top end is a diffefrnt story.

mainiac

Reaction score
the fuel pedal definitly feels different on a PSD than on anIDI. the pedal assemblies are known to go bad sometimes, but i think you may be feeling the lack of off-idle grunt the psd has compared to an IDI. if you just tuoch the IDI pedal you get response. my PSD is a slug off the line. top end is a diffefrnt story.

I got ya, should be fun going truck to truck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do that pretty regularly. The PSD reminds me of the space shuttle. Slow as hell coming off the pad, and not worth a hoot until you get it wound up. It also drinks fuel like water when the converter is not locked up. The IDI has a much flatter behavior pattern.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 95 with a 10k mod and wore out injectors is pretty snappy off the line.
tell me more about the 10k mod.....
is it able to be plugged in and removed easily?
I bombed one company truck already and gotten in trouble for it.
I'd like to get more balls for the '97 f450 if possible.
problem is, if I am in town I have to turn in the darn thing once a week so the flunkie they call a mechanic can check over my truck and rat on me-cuss

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cal,

You can make the 10K pretty much a plug and play deal if you want, go get the factory connectors (FordForgotten used to have the PN#'s posted) and wire a 10K resistor in between them and then it can be plugged in or unplugged at a moments notice. Would be perfect for what you are talking about. I would also shim the FPR if I were you.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the "flat spot"he is talking about is probably the little bit of pedal travel that the engine doesnt do anything.you can get rid of that.you need to take the pedal out of the truck and modify the tps a little bit so it can be adjusted as well as the tab that trips the on/off switch

but my 95 is so snappy off the line its a handfull to drive when the roads are wet or slushy.even if i turn it down below stock power its almost undriveable on wet roads.

my IDI with 5.13 gears couldnt get out of its own way even if you pushed it

mainiac

Reaction score
the "flat spot"he is talking about is probably the little bit of pedal travel that the engine doesnt do anything.you can get rid of that.you need to take the pedal out of the truck and modify the tps a little bit so it can be adjusted as well as the tab that trips the on/off switch/QUOTE]

Got more info on this?
And while I'm here, what is the DMS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online