What the heck!

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Turns out there is massive amounts of oil in the air intake. I have had people look at it and come to the same conclusion, the engine is shot... I cant afford to get the money to drop a new engine into it. So im conflicted between selling it or just hauling it to the scrap yard which tears me apart inside. The body is great but the engine just couldnt handle what the previous owner had it do. So i guess I am at a cross roads, have family help me out with the cost of a rebuild, or try and part it out. I have put so much into the truck and now this. Thanks!

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Turns out there is massive amounts of oil in the air intake. I have had people look at it and come to the same conclusion, the engine is shot... I cant afford to get the money to drop a new engine into it. So im conflicted between selling it or just hauling it to the scrap yard which tears me apart inside. The body is great but the engine just couldnt handle what the previous owner had it do. So i guess I am at a cross roads, have family help me out with the cost of a rebuild, or try and part it out. I have put so much into the truck and now this. Thanks!

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Oil in the intake may just mean a bad CDR.

How much fuel is in the tank? If its only around a 1/4 tank you may have a the "broken shower head" problem. Hook up the lift pump to a jug of fresh diesel and try that.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
you cant just look at the oil in the intake and say the engine is bad, a compression test would tell you for sure whether you have massive blowby which is your concern with the oil in the intake

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i have about 5 gallons of fresh diesel in the tank. How would i go about fixing the CDR. Also what is the Shower Head? I also notice when i crank it it seems fuel is pouring into the intake from somewhere, i can see it leaking out, I have not replaced the lift pump so that is the first priority.

Second thing: How would i test the compression? Do any of these fixes involve pulling the engine and tranny out of the truck? or pulling the cab off?

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pushed the schraeder valve in and cranked it and got nothing. Also, below the intake on the block stuff seems to me pooling. Looks like oil. Dont know what he cause of that is.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
where is the fuel coming from, the shower heads are the pick up tubes in the tank which are horrible about breaking off and leaving you stuck only being able to use a portion of your tank, 5 gallons of fuel may not be enough, the easiest way to confirm that you are able to suck fuel is to use a 5 gallon can and temporarily reroute the return and supply lines into the can then try to prime the system

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jasper: I have been told numerous times about filling the filter with fuel, I will address this.

RedNeck: If your standing in front of the truck, The fuel seems to be coming out of the top right of the intake.

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. il go through the return lines. But still what would be causing all the oil and fuel in the intake? Are the gaskets bad? That was one of the things i have been planing to do.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If you have fuel in the intake (get ready for this and follow along) the fuel pump must be bad, leaking fuel into the crankcase, then being sucked up by the cdr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online