What flange 7.3 idi factory turbo

polygoncateate

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows the type of flange this is (down pipe says 155-093, Garrett). Wanting to buy a v-band one of eBay, but none I've seen look anything like it.
Please and thank you.
Brian

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Up pipe flange that the turbo bolts to or the down pipe coming out of the turbo? The factory turbo trucks have a V band flange on them the ATS 093 turbos have a slip joint flange. If you're wanting to know what the up pipe flange is that the turbo bolts to its a T3 style flange.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
something like this. I found a 3 inch v band clamp kit on ebay for less than 50 and then I welded one end onto turbo outlet and the other will be welded to my downpipe

polygoncateate

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. An talking about downpipe, and general consensus is fab my own; was just hoping that one of the t3-v band flanges would work, guess not.
Thanks

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replies. An talking about downpipe, and general consensus is fab my own; was just hoping that one of the t3-v band flanges would work, guess not.
Thanks

The Ford/ATS 093 Turbo stock exhaust outlet, has a V band outlet already. the Stock DP is squashed and restrictive, replacing the stock DP with a 3" is a good addition, modding the stock outlet to accept a 3" V band is also doable...some here have done it...search it out, its just been stuck in threads all over...

The aftermarket ATS 093 turbo uses a 3" slip fit DP and that's quite a bit less restrictive than the stock squashed one.

just saying is all

Al

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a factory turbo truck and it has the slip joint flange not v band. I wish it was v band because my pipe comes out from time to time.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what i have been told, the slip fit down pipe is actually an aftermarket design.
the Vband clamp distinguishes it as OEM

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. That makes me wonder. I have a numbers matching factory turbo truck but maybe not the factory turbo?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. That makes me wonder. I have a numbers matching factory turbo truck but maybe not the factory turbo?

i only know because i have a v-band clap style 093.
just had to buy a core so my truck wouldnt be down while getting rebuilt.
this has been described to me as a OEM unit, and i was told (by Russ, whos rebuilding my turbo, and other members as well)
that the slip style is an aftermarket unit.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You have the ATS upgraded outlet elbow and possibly the high flow casting. Very popular purchase when these were newer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online