What do you think? Feelin stacks?

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
That'd be nice! I'll have to think on that one.

And towtruckdave, if I could I would! I'll sell this body scrap price after I do the swap if anyone wants it. But it's gonna be going through another missouri winter, I dont think it'll look near as good come this time next year.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Wow i read that post at pirate4x4 about stacks. Talk about some moaners! The language too! haha. Glad Im over here haha. Some of those pics are just dumb. That one of that truck with like 10ft tall stacks, now thats just dumb haha. Prob photo shopped since he'd prob hit those things on an overpass. Thats just too extreme for my taste. To each his own when it comes to modding their vehicles. Everyones got their own opinion and seems some ***** more than others even though its not their vehicle thats modded.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I can't get over the thought of soot all over the back half of my truck and what ever I may be towing behind it. Protech may be pricey, but my headache rack is from 1991 and is in near perfect condition. Definitely a company that builds quality.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Jersey stacks are still rare-ish. At least in my immediate area. I lived in Eastern Pennsylvania for a while where everyone seemed to have them. There were some interesting combinations the Spanish guys would do with a truck slammed to the ground with stacks, trucks on airbags with stacks, stacks to the sky, a stack punched through the hood, a single stack between the hood and the cab front. I saw a Dodge 3500 dually crew cab slammed to about an inch off the ground with monstrous stacks at the BACK of the bed.

Anyway, your truck is definitely gorgeous. As an owner of a rusty white truck, I recommend strongly you remain with black!!! :)

If your truck was a generation older, stacks would look good on it, but that generation is so clean lined, that they wouldn't look silly (to me) but I might have to agree with a no stack vote.

Last edited:

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Well, I believe that ultimately the decision is yours, I personally don't care for stacks, yet if you read my signature my truck is getting them to keep the smoke out of peoples faces (factory 94 air box gets me about 1000 miles to a filter). I think on a white extended cab you will have issues getting chrome stacks to look good. Maybe black?

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
I think if the stacks are done right then they dont look bad. If you do decide to put stacks in please god, put two stacks!!!! 1 stack just doesnt look right, IMHO.

Heres a pic of my 85 Ext Cab with 4in black stacks and stack flappers, lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Debating getting some 5" or 6" aussie stacks. I want something to make it stand out a little more. The truck wont be black much longer though. After my engine project I'm going to put my white rust free body on this truck. Going to do centurian stripping on the sides in blue and I just bought a complete blue interior to put in (blue 40/20/40 even ;Sweet ). I want it to be a real eye catcher.

and it is very dirty in these pictures, driving down a gravel road after a light rain was the culprit

If that is your definition of "dirty," I'd hate to see what you call "clean." :D

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One stack doesn't look right my butt!:backoff

Attachments

• 100_4195.jpg
    100_4195.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 5

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will be one day when I get the airbags on the rear! Everbody has there own opinion on stacks and most don't like them or loth them. I run a single 5" from 4" exhaust. It looks funny or stupid in my opinion seeing dual 6" stacks in the back of a pickup bed. It was cheaper for me to run my setup over buying a 4" full exhaust that run to the back of my truck. The 4" bend over the rear end is where they really get you on cost! One thing I hat more than huge stacks is 8" tips on 3-4" exhaust!:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online