Wet Black spray on ground at cold start hard throttle.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Was doing a comparison test on the engine running at 2k cold to compare timing of two 7.3 non turbo idi’s. When I hit the throttle my son said come look at this and I saw a wet black spray patch like a giant spray paint can shot the ground from the exhaust pipe. Is this normal?

Last edited:

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wet black spray patch like a giant spray paint can shot the ground from the exhaust pipe.
So this doesn't exactly fit the topic but when I read this statement it made me reminisce. Years ago I had a motorcycle with upswept exhaust pipes. A friend of mine had a pretty new motorcycle and was constantly cleaning it. He was washing his one day and convinced me to clean mine. During the course of washing, I got a bit of water in both of my exhaust pipes. Since he was parked behind me, once I fired up my bike it blew a ton of black crud all over his freshly washed bike....I about fell over I was laughing so hard.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
It didn’t do it today because I slept in. I guess it was the colder temperatures plus the throttle. Funny you guys got to hit a good target like a car or building though. His pipe is curved downwards so just the ground got it.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
So this doesn't exactly fit the topic but when I read this statement it made me reminisce. Years ago I had a motorcycle with upswept exhaust pipes. A friend of mine had a pretty new motorcycle and was constantly cleaning it. He was washing his one day and convinced me to clean mine. During the course of washing, I got a bit of water in both of my exhaust pipes. Since he was parked behind me, once I fired up my bike it blew a ton of black crud all over his freshly washed bike....I about fell over I was laughing so hard.
That’s great!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86