West coast mirror brackets for f350?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I want to put some decent sized heated/motorized mirrors on my truck.
Does anyone know of a source for some west coast mirror brackets to fit a '92 , preferably not gold plated ones :eek:

Thanks---------Robert

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the genuine "big rig" style of mirror, all I ever saw came with the brackets.

There are brackets that bolt through the door-skin, then the mirror supporting rods, and whatever mirror head you chose to install.

I never knew them to be truck specific.

A couple little pointers:

Buy nothing except STAINLESS STEEL.

Anything else will rust, and then big streaks of rust will wash down from them, across your shiny paint.

This part is VERY important...Mount the brackets as far FORWARD as the door will allow.

For some stupid reason, most factory mounted truck mirrors will be mounted way too far back toward the center of the door.

This forces you to lean back and reposition yourself, every time you look behind you.

With the mirrors mounted far ahead, all you have to do is shift your eyes to see behind.:thumbsup:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yeppers to all of that, specially the far ahead mounted mirrors. It's a real pain to ask the pass to move the head back every time You want to look at the mirror, specially if the pass have very nice hair and don't want to push it against the seat.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've seen a few cryptic references to bracket made for f350 on a couple of tow truck info sites, but no part number, manufacturer names and no responses yet.
All the big truck ones I've seen so far are either for standard conventional trucks sticking out 18+ inches, or cabovers, not sticking out enough to see around my 5er.

----Robert

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones for a conventional are what I would use.;Sweet

Usually, there is quite a bit of width adjustability made in the frames.

Also, the positioning of the mirror-head pivot can be as close, or as far out, as you desire.

Climb up on the side of someones big truck, for a close inspection, and you will see what I mean.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
If you would be interested in a used set I could get you a pair from a 89 F350 in my buddy's boneyard....Pretty sure they are stainless too.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Napa is where I got mine - I got the painted ones and they started to rust so get the SS ones. I also got the heated Lighted SS mirrors from Napa as well. they don't have them on the shelf but they can order them in.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want something specific to your doors, something for a 98 or older F600-800 will fit, same cab.
My 460 truck's stock cab had factory West Coasts on it, I have never seen another truck with them though, heck, never seen another set of them period, and, of course it being rolled, they were completley toast:
You must be registered for see images

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Something like this?
http://lumbermansvo.com/LumbermanSVO/50 Buck Truck/2F24BC1B-2E89-4AB5-91B5-306582C927B9.html

It is just a regular big rig setup. If you'd like I could take some more detail pictures for ya, just let me know what sots you want.

How much wider than the camper were those things at the outside? I don't want to get them out so far i have to worry about kissing mirrors with someone going over some of the narrower bridges around here :eek:

---------Robert

LumbermanSVO

Reaction score
I don't remember and it's been a while since I've even had the camper. I would like to shorten them some, I'm sure they make kits with shorter bars...

I can measure their current length if you'd like.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want something specific to your doors, something for a 98 or older F600-800 will fit, same cab.
My 460 truck's stock cab had factory West Coasts on it, I have never seen another truck with them though, heck, never seen another set of them period, and, of course it being rolled, they were completley toast:
I've never seen that style of mirror factory-mounted on an '80-'86 truck before, but they were common on rigs from the late '60's and early '70's. My dad's old '67 F-250 Camper Special had them from the factory.

http://www.northerntool.com/ used to have West Coast mirror brackets meant specifically for F-series trucks; I think they were identical to what you see on F-600's, and I've also seen them on F-350's used to tow police horse trailers. Looks like they stopped selling them, though.

I want to do the West Coast mirror upgrade someday, and I figure on replacing the doors while I'm at it. My doors aren't in very good shape as it is, and this way, I won't have extra holes in my door skin (I've got 7x10 mirrors on there now)...