West coast guys... Wanna meet me?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of an unusual post, but I just thought I would mention that I am going to be in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Sacremento next week. Not that I'm a celebrity or anything, or that you should make the time, but I had always hoped to catch ol' Mr. Bill passing through my neck of the woods, and we almost did it once. The first time I met Travis was at a Pizza Hut a good way from his home and it's just kinda fun to be two ships passing in the night able to put a face with a post. My time in each of those places will be about as long as a spun off fan blade boring through a radiator, but since I'm usually like 3000 miles away, this is your chance to shake my hand if you want, and of course I'd love to meet some of you guys. Most of you who work for a living probably don't have the time, but I'll be getting on a train in San Diego Tuesday morning, changing trains in LA, and spending a night in Sacremento. If your interested in getting an eyeball on me shoot me a PM, and I can give you more details.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like the making of another mini-meet to me.;Sweet
day and time? end of the week is much better but hey, we'll take what we get to work with. If nothing else, we can ruin you with In-n-Out burgers.;Sweet
tell me you're going to spend a day at the train museum.....:backoff:backoff:backoff if you can you should, it's pretty inspiring

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ****** is I'll be virtually in transit the whole time. I'll be in San Diego monday night at my cousins, and in LA only at the train station to change trains. Sacremento will yeild me a few hours between like 8:00am and 10:00am Thursday, so a breakfast would be possible. Kinda sucks to go all that way and not have any time, but the purpose of the trip is to ride the train. LOL Now if you want to have the mini-meet ON the train, now your talkin! :dunno What sucks most of all, is that I'll be right next to the CSRM for 23 hours, and won't have time to visit it. :grr...

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, well you just missed me, seeing i just got out of San Diego. What train are you riding?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be on Amtrak Tuesday morning pretty early. Like 7:00am going north. I get into LA around 10:00am, and I think my next train to Sacremento is like 40 minutes later. Calvin is correct. Next stop Reno and beyond. We will be visiting with Hoodshauler (BJ) in Dever for a couple days by the end of the week.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mel-
if you haven't been out here before, the route you're going is going to take you on some spectacular views.;Sweet
I won't be able to catch up with you this time. I am usually waking up during the hours you'll be passing through.
one more thing, you might want to check your timetable.
LA station to Sacto in 40 mins is not possible yet.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. That's the museum I'll be sleeping next to, arriving after it closes and leaving before it opens. :cry:

Calvin, that 40 minutes is the layover in LA, not the travel time.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they come up with a high speed train they should call it "the terminator" LOL

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be thinkin' of ya when the train goes through Reno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may be some dwell time in Reno, as I think that is a crew change and refuel point, but I'm not sure.

David94IDIT

Reaction score
So you are leaving SD Monday morning? When do you get here? Are you hanging around for the weekend and then leaving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin