Well well well

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty nice piece for 55 bucks. Just wondering: do you see significant residue coming out of the intake?

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This gen of motor beware they like to consume oil something about pistion slap. If you got a warranty you don't have to worry but if not get the 8 to 4 cylinder turned off they eat up lifters and camshaft. But other then that great cars. I have reprogrammed 3 of them this year and two of them need cams. Not to be a buzz kill just wanted to let you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I just had black bear tune our burb. Even a 87 octane tune really picked up the power, and it took most of the detune between shifts out.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
No, my year they offer ECM core's. Its nothing like what a tune will do with a diesel but it was noticable. Plus free retunes for life. Yeah they took out 75% of torque manegement, and its really noticable under WOT. It feels just as fast as before, but I put in a lower stall converter which kinda hurt performance, but it'll help MPG's. These LS motors like RPM's.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yep, I've noticed at about 4500 it really wakes up. Lol
Apparently they can set a different tune for tow/haul on the trans.
I was looking at those autocals.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah they can give you a more performance based tune they can upload onto it which is cool. I thought it might be nice to do a 93 octane tune on it as apparently that can pick up almost 50hp on the LQ4 which is a huge improvement.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's a pretty nice piece for 55 bucks. Just wondering: do you see significant residue coming out of the intake?
So there is a fair amount of oil. Hard to see. But the back chamber through the hole appeared to have quite a bit. Couldn't really get anything in there. I'll have to dig my mityvac out of storage.
I did get most out of the front.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you have your control sample for your before and after catch can installation. That's a lot of oil to drink, I can't imagine the tank won't help.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yup. I didn't look, do these have a actual pcv valve like the older engines? Might need replaced. Lol

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes still in the valve cover they have videos online about this problem.

I think it's on driver rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk