My First Truck

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Hello all,

Some of you may remember a while back I was asking about a truck ad to get your guys opinions on it. From the thread @gnathv PM'd me on Sep. 6th regarding his 93 7.3 IDI. He said he would sell it for $3,500, sent me some pics and told me the history of it. I was instantly interested, I wanted a truck that was well maintained and respected by the owner, problem was I only had $500 at the time.

I was a teenager working minimum wage in retail operations while in school, not very hard work but not necessarily easy either. Glenn told me he would hold it for up to 6 months, I told him I could get the money in 3-4... I put it in 40 hours as much as I could when school was on break, I got a raise in November.

At the time I was driving my mothers excursion 50 miles a day to get back and forth from work. My parents had me pay for gas but would cover my insurance until I got the truck, they kept me well motivated and couldn't have done it with out them. In the meantime of me saving the money Glenn changed the oil, replaced a pulley, a battery, cleaned out the truck and topped of the fuel for me. Tires are near brand new Michelin tires, this truck doesn't need anything for a long time. He didn't have to do any of that and I would have still bought the truck in a heartbeat, too nice. Transmission was rebuilt 25k miles ago and IP about 200 miles ago.

January 7th of 2017 the title was signed over to me and my bank was empty :p, not that that's a bad thing. We met half way at a loves station, drove through the horribly iced roads, made sure i I was getting it yesterday. It drove home like a dream, and cranked this morning wonderfully, I couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much @gnathv, would never be where I am today if it wasn't for you!

Now for some pictures and videos :D.

1993 F250 4x2 Super Cab HD 7.3l Diesel

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Everything done since he's owned it.

4.10 Limited Slip
96' F-250HD Rear Overloads
ATS 088 (Non-wastegate)
3.5" Power-stroke Exhaust
Power-stroke Bumper
Michelin Tires
Moog Variable Rate Front Springs
Rebuilt Front End With All Moog Parts
Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings (Front & Rear)
Monroe Reflex Shocks
Pioneer Radio And Speakers
Fresh IP Rebuilt By Bostech
Rebuilt Tranny With 25k Miles, Never Exceeded 160 Degrees, External Cooler.
Brake Booster
Converted To 134 Freon
New Axle Pivot Bushings, Front
216k Miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the ownership roll here.You appear to have purchased a very nice rig. Drive it before you decide dropping money into it. Resist the force to spend money of "things".

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Welcome to the ownership roll here.You appear to have purchased a very nice rig. Drive it before you decide dropping money into it. Resist the force to spend money of "things".

Only thing planned for now is to repaint hood/roof, paint match bed shell and paint match a windshield visor I'm picking up. Then I'll get some new tint in the windows. Local buddy said he do that for about $750. Im also a sucker for running cab lights and think ill get a quad pillar and get a fuel pressure gauge.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice first rig. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Looks like you got a great price too!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang on to it and take care of it. Get married, fill the seat area in the back with kids, and later on get a nice camper to pull behind it and take the family camping.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice truck, my first as a teenager was a POS GMC 1500 6cyl 3spd on the column that broek all the time.

this truck will be good on fuel and be able to haul whatever you want. these trucks look great with the OEM cab roof lights.

this is a pretty nice start for a first truck> hard to beat , look after it and it will give you years of enjoyment. need to get a 40/20/40 seat in the front so when the girlfriend decides its time to get closer you can impress her with the fold up armrest/console.

and when you decide its time for a roadtrip the fold down seat in the back doubles for a bed with a nice rolled up foam. only for under 6 footers though.

again nice 1st truck!

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
nice truck, my first as a teenager was a POS GMC 1500 6cyl 3spd on the column that broek all the time.

this truck will be good on fuel and be able to haul whatever you want. these trucks look great with the OEM cab roof lights.

this is a pretty nice start for a first truck> hard to beat , look after it and it will give you years of enjoyment. need to get a 40/20/40 seat in the front so when the girlfriend decides its time to get closer you can impress her with the fold up armrest/console.

and when you decide its time for a roadtrip the fold down seat in the back doubles for a bed with a nice rolled up foam. only for under 6 footers though.

again nice 1st truck!

Haha will do man, definitely want some of those seats, my dad has them in his 02, just got to find some. Will definitely be taking it on some road trips with the shell as well.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toppers around here are worthless, you might save some$$$ watching for one in the same color or even a grey/silver one and making a lowball offer . its an idea anyway....................

I've cut up a few toppers I couldn't sell. next time I'll just put one on a scrap truck and fill it with sheetmetal.

enjoy your new toy, lots of support here.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Only thing planned for now is to repaint hood/roof, paint match bed shell and paint match a windshield visor I'm picking up. Then I'll get some new tint in the windows. Local buddy said he do that for about $750. Im also a sucker for running cab lights and think ill get a quad pillar and get a fuel pressure gauge.

Quad pod FTW!!
Got some notes on that for ya
Good job working for what you want, hope it works good for you!

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck man! Sounds like it won't need anything soon. Just keep saving like you have man and you can really have some fun with it!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
First day to work went smooth, drives great and gets good mileage it seems, just filled up today so will know later this week.

Definitely a great buy!!

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Pulled the shell today

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members