Water Leak

CJCJ

chooglin
Reaction score
Hi all!

Water is leaking on passenger side up near the firewall. Seems to be engine side as far as I can tell. It has left a puddle twice. It seems to be leaking more water today. Does not smell or look like coolant. I ran with the defroster on for about 45min. into work, checked the truck 2 hours later and the insulation around the evaporator? was saturated and there was alot of water on the ground. Could someone give some input as to what is happening. The A/C blows cold and the defroster/heat still work.

thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your A/C is operating as intended. Don't forget, the compressor runs when your in defrost mode also. All vehicles with AC will leave a puddle in about the same spot.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
sounds like possibly the drain is clogged for the evaporator in a/c system since the insulation was saturated. not sure if they have a drain though. never had an older ford with a/c.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say as long as it is CLEAR WATER and not coolant it would be the A/C working as designed. On my Ex, when it is humid you could track my truck with the water trail. When going ~5mph in the neighborhood, there is a drip about every 8-10 inches.

However, if this puddle is indeed coolant and not condensation, then you have a problem. My gut reaction is he AC, but make sure it is not coolant.......