Wait till you get a load of this.....

Is this legal?

• Total voters

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pull doubles for a living. You can back them with ALOT of practice. Of course it is also with a single axle tractor too. I would think you would have to have a doubles certification to pull, but that may not fall into play here since it is and RV.

That is one LONG fifthwheel ;Really

powerboatr

Reaction score
all that trailer and only one a/c unit :backoff

certainly would get your attention running down the road ;Sweet

tgatch

Reaction score
Looks safer than this setup

You must be registered for see images attach

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some crazy stuff in Utah before, but..WOW. Actually I know some people in Utah that probably think that is safe cookoo. Dang pullin a 5th with 2.8L of V6 might :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's insane. :rolleyes: As for the original question, I have no idea in PA, but it's probably one of those things that since you don't see people doing it, legal or not, your liable to attract some attention. That said however, most cops here are afraid to try and enforce trailer law (a fact told to me by a state policeman). The book is 3" thick, and they have absolutely no hope of memorizing it. I was told that unless it comes unhooked and gets in an accident, they are apt to leave you alone.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Looks safer than this setup
This complete set-up looked scary as heck in 1st 2 pic's. But after viewing the whittled end of that stob in that last pic I'm convinced this guy knows what he's doing! I'd ride anywhere with him!!!!:rotflmao :rotflmao:rotflmao

Mel, out here in Or. cops will write tickets for anything they see that they don't understand......& they don't understand crapp!!
But they will write some sort of ticket & attach an ORS# as cited rule to it....go to court & you're still found guilty because even if Cop was wrong or wrong ORS# cited, tuffff stuffff! Judge will decide Cop didn't feel right about something you did, therefore you're probably guilty!!!!!:mad:

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
That would probably be just fine here in NJ. In MD they might want to see you have a class A CDL. If you are under 26K total weight and do not have commercial plates there is really nothing they can bother you for. I don't see how you would need double endorsement to tow it, it is only one p/u and one trailer. Farmers tow stuff like that (wagon trailers) around here all the time. If you have commercial plates then you are subject to the sclae houses and their enfocement of laws at whim:backoff
I'd tow it;Sweet
Ken

aggitator

Reaction score
Yes that would be legal as long as the dolly hitches to tow vehicle with a pintal hitch. No it is not considered doubles, you only have one trailer. If the trailer is registered for over 10,000 lbs and the truck is registerd commercial you would need a cdl even if the truck is under 26,000 gvwr. Just the imput of a driver that has pulled doubles.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
that pic with the suv should be outlawed but that pic with the tow truck and the 5th wheel looks fine to me as it is no different than pulling either an A-train, truck and pup, or a non-reducable overweight with a booster. if you can competently back it up it should be competent enough to pull it forward, as long as all the weights are correctly proportioned and all brakes ect. are in good order there should be no issues. the one i have an issue with is these jokers that drive tiny cars all year long than gor rv-ing in these huge motorhomes/5th wheels and can't competently keep it between the lines going forward little-own back these monsters up and they are always grossly over-weight and usually in poor mechanical condition due to ignorance and the government officials turn a blind-eye to it yet they will write a guy trying to make a living and doing everything in his power to do things right a ticket for something stupid because a mirror marker light is out.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Here in Or. cops will write tickets for anything they see that they don't understand......& they don't understand crapp!!
But they will write some sort of ticket & attach an ORS# as cited rule to it....go to court & you're still found guilty because even if Cop was wrong or wrong ORS# cited, tuffff stuffff! Judge will decide Cop didn't feel right about something you did, therefore you're probably guilty!!!!!:mad:

^^^I AGREE^^^

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance