Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is getting interesting! I replaced the BWD VSS with the Motorcraft DY1123 that Wes suggested. The speedometer, while still fluctuating minutely is much more stable then before. However, the cruise control is once again non-functional. Any ideas?? I mean, I installed the BWD VSS and the cruise control worked for a very short while and then quit. One would think that it was indeed a problem related to the VSS...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to believe that whatever the real problem is, momentarily worked, and less likely to blame the VSS simply due to the circumstances.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to believe that whatever the real problem is, momentarily worked, and less likely to blame the VSS simply due to the circumstances.

Sure, there's that. But please explain to me why upon replacing the original VSS, the cruise work and the second time I replaced it did not. Nothing different other than the manufacturer, two new parts, one two wire plug, one bolt. First time, pulled out of the driveway got to 50mph and engaged the CC and it checked all functions and it worked as designed. Other than a increase in the speedometer fluctuation, it was fine. Five minutes later, it went totally up. We finished the intended errands and returned home. The truck sat for a week or so then I put the Motorcraft VSS in and repeated the same drive, engaging the CC at 50mph and nada...

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just described exactly what he was saying. The VSS probably has nothing to do with it. :D

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. It's a possibility, if not a probability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86