Van vs truck PS brackets

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the power steering bracket on my ‘88 e250 7.3 broke. The metal actually broke.

I was wondering if this bracket was the same on the trucks vs the vans. Right now I really don’t have time to mess with it, so I am going to take it in to be repaired. The PS pump was also leaking, so they are going to replace the pump and bracket for $270, but I would need to source the bracket. If they have to it would make the cost go up etc.

Anyone have a bracket they want to part with or a good source online to order it if it is still available?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the brackets are the same on the van as on the truck I have one I'll send you pm me and I'll get it tonight if it will work

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the brackets are the same on the van as on the truck I have one I'll send you pm me and I'll get it tonight if it will work

I sent you a PM. It maybe something you should take a picture of and post for comparison. I am still looking, but a quick search is showing that they look different.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is a power steering pump bracket of of a pickup does anyone have a pic of one off a van

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
They are different. The few vans that I've seen use the Saginaw power steering pump like the Chevys did.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the bolt pattern, but I believe they are made out of steel and look different. I haven't seen one in a lot of years.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are different. The few vans that I've seen use the Saginaw power steering pump like the Chevys did.

Looking online, this is what I saw. I am gonna double check tomorrow.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out and checked on the old 84, and it has a thin steel bracket for the sag pump. I hope this helps you.

Thanks for checking. That is what I have too, so it looks like the truck one is not compatible.

Anyone with a van one?

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a Van,E350 The frist 6.9 we special ordered it new to customize. It went all over the US , Canada and Mexico when it was safe to go there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726