Vacuum Coffee Can

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Every one,

I was looking under the hood and happened to notice the "coffee can" that is mounted on the drivers side. The can itself is in good shape, no holes, rust, etc...that I can see.

What exactly is the function of this can? There are 2 hose fittings side by side on the can and there are no hoses hooked to it nor can I find any stray unhooked hoses. If I were to hook it up...where or what would the hoses hook to?

Thanks...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats the vacuum resivour tank for the cruise control. One vacuum hose runs from the vacuum manifold way over near the ac box on the firewall. Thats the supply line. The other hose from the can runs to the cruise control. If yours is in good shape your a lucky one... Most of them rot out at the bottom where the clip that mounts it to the fender is. I found mine rotten so a load of rtv fixed that about 15 years ago...

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the cruise control "coffee can". Since I don't have cruise control on my truck I guess it is safe to say...That I can remove it for more room...And if I don't find another use for it...maybe someone can use it..

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found it's also a culprit on EGR codes. On my Bronco I wrapped it up and no more codes, after a long time of searching. Hole was on bottom. Drove me nuts haha

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's also a vacuum reservoir for the brake booster if you should loose your vacuum pump. You can do without it, cause we don't have vacuum windshield wiper motors any more. :D ;Really

Last edited: