UTI diesel program..

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinkin about joinin the UTI diesel program, 22k is kinda steep, plus the 5 or 6k i gotta shell out for tools.. even with a 50% discount. anyone been there? have any positives or negatives about the place?. also i know i would get a 50% discount on snap on tools, mac tools, or matco tools, but does anyone know if i get that discount on blue point tools and proto? tryin to do my homework here before i decide UTI or get a job at a garage while i party at utampa

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iirc there's a couple of memebers here who went to UTI and left there buried up to their eyeballs in debt.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
As Calvin says, UTI, Wyotech, etc seem to have a lot of graduates not doing so well. Large classes mean you dont learn much I guess.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack this thread or anything.

But where would be the best place to go to school for diesel repair?

Or is just interning at a diesel shop better?

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
well im lookin to go to pennsylvania college of technology for diesel ive heard alot of good stuff about them

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
i heard nashville automotive diesel college is nice, you actually learn something there.. havnt heard many good things about wyotech and uti, no offense. However, I priced a full program there at NADC (65 weeks i believe?) and it was around 30k..

the one kid i know personally who went there is now a diesel tech in cape, mo. Must make decent money, he's 20 with a lifted, chipped, 06 duramax. i'm thinking about switching my major to CAD and then going to NADC to get a job at ford. i don't know that i want to work behind a computer all the time though.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any gov't funded junoir college or vocational school will do better than the private schools with the slick ADs these days. as far as I heard UNOH is one to look into. Better yet, get a hold of a CAT HR person and ASK who would they look for new hires at.;Sweet

chops85

Reaction score
IMO I would find a decent community college rather than the expensive tech programs. I went to Northeast Community College for their 2yr diesel program and only spent 10k. We had 15 in the class. From my experience the school gives you the basics and you learned the most from the internship over the summer. I've worked with a couple Wyotech grads and they seem to be pretty full of themselves (they know how to troubleshoot and fix everything because they went to Wyotech). As far as the discount on tools, Blue point is sold by Snap-on so they are discounted as well.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
i was gunna say ive never heard of anything good comeing from UTI my buddy went there to buy a car from one of the student the kid was on like his second year and didnt know jack **** about cars or anything

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all application forms, wyotech and uti were the same way. im gonna try and find other options

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man. im hopin to get another diesel truck before i go out anywhere to school