Unique and a bit pricy

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nice truck way over priced for a 2wd
4 inch stacks. :puke:
Well, Dodge didn't build a factory crew cab in that era, so there was some serious conversion work done. The stacks and the slushbox need to go, no question about it...and it is a Dodge. But, it is a pretty unique rig, and I'd be lying if I said that the temptation wasn't there. On the other hand, I launch boats, so I need a 4x4...

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Well, Dodge didn't build a factory crew cab in that era, so there was some serious conversion work done. The stacks and the slushbox need to go, no question about it...and it is a Dodge. But, it is a pretty unique rig, and I'd be lying if I said that the temptation wasn't there. On the other hand, I launch boats, so I need a 4x4...
Last year for the crew cab was 85 so they could have done a cab swap and just put the diesel vin on the dash. Or put a cummins in a gas truck.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year for the crew cab was 85 so they could have done a cab swap and just put the diesel vin on the dash. Or put a cummins in a gas truck.
I thought the only crew-cabs Dodge built were short-wheelbase trucks? I've seen a few SWB crew-cab Dodges, but I don't recall seeing a LWB Dodge crew-cab.

I think putting the diesel VIN on the dash (and putting the diesel dash in the cab) would have been easier than a cab swap. To swap the cab, they would need to have lengthened the frame as well...

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I thought the only crew-cabs Dodge built were short-wheelbase trucks? I've seen a few SWB crew-cab Dodges, but I don't recall seeing a LWB Dodge crew-cab.

I think putting the diesel VIN on the dash (and putting the diesel dash in the cab) would have been easier than a cab swap. To swap the cab, they would need to have lengthened the frame as well...
Yeah that's probably what he did

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the best thing about a dodge, isnt built by dodge!

if i was to sell my truck, i wouldnt take anything under 15k

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep at least the 2wds are. blue books value is $2500
No Fool would spend 10K on a 93 2wd That's just the facts.

Hate to say it, but you haven't been here long enough to see what all Darrin has sold......

You should have seen the Black Brick he sold..........

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?33282-1991-Dually-with-only-6-000-miles!

This got what he was asking for it..... and trust me, it wasn't $2,500..........

He has had several go through like this..... there is a market, and they do command a pretty penny.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but you haven't been here long enough to see what all Darrin has sold......

You should have seen the Black Brick he sold..........

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?33282-1991-Dually-with-only-6-000-miles!

This got what he was asking for it..... and trust me, it wasn't $2,500..........

He has had several go through like this..... there is a market, and they do command a pretty penny.
Yeah but that was a Ford With Very Low Miles
This truck is Not in that good of shape.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waystro-
before you go bashing someone's hard work, look at yourself in the mirror. The seller is a lurker on this site and I am acquaintances with him. We both work in the same field professionally. The last CC was '85 and in order for him to make a diesel fit, you have to modify the firewall and floor pan. He did it the hard way. The entire section was cut and stichwelded in. The same attention to detail was put into the rest of the conversion. CC2wd dualies have their lovers too. I happen to like my '92 very much too. Whoever acquires this truck will be able to run many more miles under her before she's used up.
lastly. be polite towards other people's rides. you don't know who is lurking here.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Waystro-
before you go bashing someone's hard work, look at yourself in the mirror. The seller is a lurker on this site and I am acquaintances with him. We both work in the same field professionally. The last CC was '85 and in order for him to make a diesel fit, you have to modify the firewall and floor pan. He did it the hard way. The entire section was cut and stichwelded in. The same attention to detail was put into the rest of the conversion. CC2wd dualies have their lovers too. I happen to like my '92 very much too. Whoever acquires this truck will be able to run many more miles under her before she's used up.
lastly. be polite towards other people's rides. you don't know who is lurking here.
Sorry Whoever Built this
Didn't Mean to Offend you :dunno
I wasn't bashing Anyone's Rig
just pointing out a Fact(at least that's what there going for where I am)
(im off to look at my self in the mirror) :angel: