Uh..Oh......Turbo........

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renegade
After reading your post Phil - I finally got my butt in gear & did some searching myself to find my high pitched squeal & found it on the pass side /front /top of intake plenum at the long bare spot bewteen bolts.

Glad you posted this as I needed to do this & check it out as my leak was getting to come on at lower & lower boost pressure.

What I used was a can of baby powder & poured it all over all the compressor side fittings of the turbo & then take a quick jaunt down the road & got er boosting fairly heavy till the whine was going pretty loud & then looked under the hood for spots where the powder had been blown off in a line. Sure enough you can spot the leaker as easy as can be.

Cheers

Good Idea!

Wrote that one down for future reference.

Tom

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
That'll work fine & dandy Travis Thanks! I even got a few of those studs like you show on the pic to make up for the thickness of the metal from where I canned that metal lipped thing on the rear of the drivers side valve cover

I'll make me one up to use on the ol girl :Thumbs Up

dieselwiezil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am going to have to reject to this. It will REALLY kill your bearings FAST. Its even recommended to plug your intake AND exhaust pipes while towing your rig anywhere.

Snowman269

AKA: DDDENIO
Reaction score
Dang, I never thought about towing! I Loaded the wifes Excursion on a flatbed a year ago to haul into dealer when HPOP orings blew out. I bet the turbo was turning! It was an hour drive. I'll remember that for the future, thanks!

Dennis

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Guess I have to check out mine now......still trying to figure out why it makes noise. Only does it when I hit the go pedal hard. Sounds just like someone with a real deep voice humming into a fan. I sure hope its not my turbo taking a dump on me. Of course now I have to wait for warm weather again, as it snowed like hell the last 2 days here. That really sucks, 82 degrees one day, 29 and 6 inches of snow the next..........oh well, you know what they say about Michigan....if you dont like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change. LOL

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
This looks like it is good for 150 horsepower :thumbsup:

attachment.php

Adrianspeeder

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
adrianspeeder said:
This looks like it is good for 150 horsepower :thumbsup:

attachment.php