Two questions..

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
first off put the turbo on today and just ran the down pipe supplied with the kit and did not hook it up to the exhaust.

The truck seems kind of sluggish still, so i turned up the fuel screw untill it stopped. The egt's will get to 1200 easily and boost went to 12#. This sound right? I was looking for a little more power gain than this, Am i way off base here?

Second question is with the pump, i only got like 3 flats of the allen wrench and no more. Would it be turned up from midwest injection?

Havent put the propane to it yet just want to see what you guys thought. :puke:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
If you spun the allen wrench 180° 3 times then yep you turned the snot out of her. I only spun The E 270° when I did it. Doing the math you spun yours 540° which yep I would expect it to bottom out. You might want to back her off some because once you start towing your gonna have to really watch the egts like a hawk - they will be ready to sky rocket without much warning... But the smoke will be cool.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Do not bottom the screw out. Nobody knows exactly what that will do over time. Back it off at least one flat.

The boost number sounds good to me, sounds like you're overfueling a bit...are you getting black smoke at WOT?

I wouldn't write off the benefits of the turbo until you get the exhaust hooked back up.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Now to clarify a flat on an allen wrench on of the sides of an allen wrench not flip it over. I would back it off 45° if it were mine probably not much more but then again I always like to live on the edge LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online