twin turbo idi

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's wierd that they shouldnt mix being they spin way higher RPM's than the motor. I have no clue why when you type in YouTube hx powered stuff you get a hx40 powered talon an Hx 35. An many BMW on there an other cars all running hx35 hx40 an hx50 turbos. The drive pressure your talking making them not match is not having properly sized turbos to you application. They spin 12,000+RPM's if the sizing is right no lag an no over spool they will work fine. T70 turbos like what been used in this thread have been found on Toyota supras an so on. An Hx-35 can support up to 400hp an 35 psi safely can hit 40 if pushed but that absolute max. Holset is stronger than parts with diesel app. Than your run of the mill Garrett's an eBay turbos Garret's are good don't get me wrong but there applications range is far broader than holset there IMHO Holset is a better turbo. Lol if you put a 088 on a corvette I will agree with you to small not a match. Put that 088 in a 88 ranger at the desert hitting 5-6 psi at 60 mph through the whoops will work fine. The 088 is alot like what my friend has mounted under the rear bumper of his 20 grand Saturn lol don't ask how he put 20 grand in it either he's not that smart.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no not yet i should have it soon i bought it just waiting for it to come. I should have the water **** and two smaller chargers on before the dyno.

Awesome! I can't wait to see what it does with that water/methanol. Next time I'm in Mass I am definitely gonna hit you up and go for a ride if that's cool? I really wanna see that beast. Lol

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to know why maxing out your torque screw changed anything? Please share as I was told that its for emmsions only an made no difference in a high flowing Pump at all???? Hmmm that's really odd thing an I see that it's an older truck which would not have that pump on it is that what was on it when you bought the truck? An I was told this by many here in a way to make one feel like he's a retard.

Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The torque screw works the same as an aneroid. They can prevent fuel from coming on early which helps with emissions. But when you max it out, it allows the fuel to come in earlier which can spool your turbo earlier thus making more power...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what I have said but yet I was told no. Either way who cares looks like I was right.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An ya thats what i said. I would just go back through old post an read em again I tried to find the post but can't. I will copy an paste it with the persons screen name if I could find it but without it I won't say. Someone else said I was wrong too but there not a smart as the other in that field as why I would rather it be the smarter person so they could re explain. A pump without it should be no different than one with one as it would be like the screw being maxed out.

Last edited:

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone else see the potential of a third turbo back by the firewall? parallel compound tripleturbo

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone else see the potential of a third turbo back by the firewall? parallel compound tripleturbo

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
With today's technology, I don't even see the need for two turbos when just one can really do the job just as good, if not better.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not do two independent turbos into the third then that into a blower for shitzngigglz hell throw on **** propane and nitrous too while at it....lets just do it all!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
With today's technology, I don't even see the need for two turbos when just one can really do the job just as good, if not better.

I 100% agree with this after driving my tdi and seeing how well a vgt turbo can function and even how you can customize its opening/closing I think that this would be the ultimate way to go if someone wanted awesome power and response. not trying to down the op and his way at all but just my opinion

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a lot of Cummins guys use triples even at decently moderate levels. Why does everyone have to be the same and only use one turbo? There is more than one way to skin a cat. Granted VGTs are really efficient and fast spooling but I'm sure when the OP is happy with his setup. It is extremely unique on an IDI and that gives it some big time cool points. Plus on top of that is runs pretty well even with big turbos. I like what he has done. It is always nice when people think outside the box! When I get my house finalized and have a garage, I am going to finally finish my twincharged (Hx50 blowing into an Eaton M112) setup. I just like to be a lil different too and I just pretty much have to throw it on now...

Anyway enough of my ranting. Any updates on the twins?

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you doing for an intake. is it something custom from the heads up or factory with a y pipe on top