twin turbo idi

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you doing for an intake. is it something custom from the heads up or factory with a y pipe on top

its a factory manifold with the inlet ported and a peace of 4'' pipe welded on then the turbos feed into a y with a 4'' outlet that is connected to a 4'' silicone boot feeding into the intake.

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the two smaller turbos came in today they are 50ar compressor and 63 ar turbine i'll through them on hopefully tonight or tommorow night and see what they do.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thats cool i am goint to be doing the same to my 89 when the 93 is done but i plan on doing mine a little different. i have an abundance iof stainless tube, a bender and a tig welder so i plan onn making new intake and exhaust manifolds maybe have a kit to sell if it turns out ok

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm gonna end up making some headers and daul intake runner eventaully. this is just a basline now that its running and i have no leaks or anything i'm gonna change thing around and clean it up.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am glad to see it works im not tryin to be mean but i am glad someone else tried this before me i hate bein the guinna pig

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I know what u mean it could have been done better but its whatever cause as far as i know nobody else has one and i'm also only 18yrs old so i tend to rush things.
the reason i built this is because no one where i live has a built idi its all cummins and powerstrokes. I could have thrown a turbo and injectors on my cummins with studs and easily made more power but it would just be like the othere thousand cummins out there. But if u want this comming winter i could send u the manifolds so u now exactly were the turbo flange needs to be and u could make a set of headers that line up the same for urs.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know what you mean there i helped abuddy of mine build a 93 cummins with the rotary pump b/c he wanted something different i will try and get his dyno sheets but i think it ran about 650hp fire ringed total arp studded bored pump injectors turbo and lots of tuning

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 57mm compressors will spool damn quick. That thing will be a monster down low! Have you all thought about doing something like the Banks Big Hoss intake for the Duramax? That would be sick looking on an IDI plus it would be perfect with twins. I'll try to find a pic.

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats what i ment by intake runners eventaully i'll make an intake setup like that.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Says the guy doing twins too... :D

I can't wait til you get your beast done too Ron! Cool builds are going on all over the place.

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think you want to keep the boost preassure the same to both side of the engine. not starve one side boost from the other

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can equalize the pressure in both sides of the intake by making it look like an "H" with a pipe flowing air between both sides or you could even do it in a "U"shape like Hypermax did on their build back in the 90s. Either way I agree, the pressure would need equalized between both sides...

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i put the 2 57 trim turbos on and i'm making like 24psi now with no water ****. has alot more power to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.