turning radius.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering what i can do to improve the turning radius in my truck. i was told by someone that there are bolts on the back of spindle that you can turn out to make the turning better. nothings even close to rubbing anywhere but the turning in this thing is terrible compared to my old ext cab long box dodge.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Doubt it even hits the stops. Most of the time it is the steering box that runs out of throw. Nothing can be done about it then except to shorten the wheelbase

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt it even hits the stops. Most of the time it is the steering box that runs out of throw. Nothing can be done about it then except to shorten the wheelbase

the stops are those adjustable bolts on the back of the spindle? because the culdesac i live in i can barely make it around with no cars in it. but if theres i car i cant. but my mom comes in with her dodge dually and turns around with the culdesac having cars on both sides.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

if thats the case i wonder if there is a longer drag link we could bolt on.

Black dawg

Reaction score
on all of my trucks the stops were adjusted out miles farther than they needed to be.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
is it a 2wd or 4wd? my 2wd CC dually would turn wayyyy sharper than my shorter ext cab 4x4.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
ive got a cc dually 2wd and although its huge i turn around in alot of tight spaces i can do alot of u turns and such its a million times better than my 95 gmc ext cab 4x4 that thing couldnt turn around in 40 acres

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
a crewcab 2wd will out turn ANY ford 4wd.

As for adjustment, yes, there are bolts on the spindles. But like Corey said, alot of times the steering box has no more throw

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Here's how you do it These things suck, My 72 Kenworth had a better turning radius than this stinkng pickup does