turning radius.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
The best thing I ever did for the turning radius of my truck was to swap the dana 60 axle in. Night and day difference between how the 50 would turn compared to the 60. With the 50 I couldnt turn the ******* around in a 40 acre corn field if I wanted to. Now that it has a freshly rebuilt 60 it turns on a dime and is MUCH MUCH MUCH more drivable in the city..........

my crew cab has a 60 and it still turns like crap, cant imagine it being worse

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
man i dont have a single complaint with mine 2wd crew cab dually daily driving it 2 years now theres only been maybe 4 parking spaces i couldnt get it i can do a u turn anywhere i want (most my roads are smaller 4 lanes) ive even takin a 20 foot car trailer downtown indianapolis more times than i can count

id say the steering is not far off from my 4x4 4 door blazer which is about a foot longer than the cab of my truck

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing I ever did for the turning radius of my truck was to swap the dana 60 axle in. Night and day difference between how the 50 would turn compared to the 60. With the 50 I couldnt turn the ******* around in a 40 acre corn field if I wanted to. Now that it has a freshly rebuilt 60 it turns on a dime and is MUCH MUCH MUCH more drivable in the city..........

i really cant see that since the dana 50 and the dana 60 share the same components from spindle out. they would also share the same pitman arm and steering box.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update on my turning radius. this may sound a little wierd but i went and got brand new front tires put on the ol' truck today. and now my turning is way better :S same size tires as old ones. not sure why this happened maybe it was due to crappy tires? i can now easily go around my culdesac with no problems now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online