Turning Down the Wastegate on an ATS 093 Wastegated Turbo

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Ok. I now have some experience with my turbo under load and the extremes of engine use. It seemed very easy to spike to 12psi when down shifting under load. I would downshift on uphills when my rpms dropped below about 2200rpm dragging a 16' trailer.

I don't like the idea of hitting 12psi, I kind of kept boost at about 8-9psi most of the trip. I want to turn the wastegate down so that I never exceed 10psi. I see a nut with the rod in it, can anyone tell me what a counterclockwise (assuming down is ccw)turn will do? Again I want to drop 2lbs.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
the shorter the rod the longer it takes before opening the wastegate, therefore higher boost. The longer the rod the less time it takes to open the wastegate.

On my sidewinder, the wastegate is partially open all the time if I lengthen the rod to it's max.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Thank you for the information.

So will adjusting the wastegate affect the whole power band or just top end boost? That is if I adjust my wastegate to be more open will I have comparatively lower boost at lower speeds/rpms?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a screw on the top of the wastegate pod opposite the rod? This would adjust the spring pressure and the actual pressure setting.

If not you can probably pick up and adjustable unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.