Turned over 200k Today!

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned over 200K on the clock today, was kinda freaky seeing the odometer roll over to all zeros. Thankfully, I got a picture of it on my camera phone!:D :D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Congrats on the milestone. It was weird watching mine hit 333,333.3 a few weeks ago but unfortunatly my camera battery was dead when I tried to use it :idiot:

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spence, What was the mileage when you bought it and what repairs have you done to it?

I bought mine when it had 85K in 2001 and now has 159K.

Repairs done:

Alternator
Starter
Glow Plugs
Exhaust system

Iems done to chassis:
Brakes
Stabilizer bar bushings

Usual maintenance items:
Oil changes
Air filter changes
Fuel filter changes

Even after all the above was done I still can't figure out how they only wanted $5,000 in 2001 when it was worth $10,000 at that time.

I can probably get what I paid for it today.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, what finally ended up being the cause of all your belt woes?

Congrats on the birthday! :thumbsup:

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Powersmoke when it had 158k on it. Since then I've:

Replaced the FSS, I've gotten so good at putting those things in, I could be on a NASCAR pitcrew....

Replaced the IP at 186k (original pump by the way)
8 new injectors at the same time. The rebuilt IP lunched an FSS and I had to get towed home. That AAA membership has paid for itself many times over, best insurance I've ever had.

Added a 50 gallon tank to the bed for those extra long trips.
Installed a JVC stereo and a top of the line Cobra CB.

2 master cylinders, for some reason one of them didn't even last 2 years. Simple fix for 29 bucks. I've gotta put in a couple of new axle seals in the rear here soon, another project to be done after the Europe trip.

8 New glowplugs earlier this year.

The usual replace and maintain stuff like oil, grease, filters etc. I had to rewire that one link that has the fusible link in there, the stock connector was totally toasted.

Put new rear tires on it a couple years ago, and a couple new take offs on the front this past spring.

Eventually, hopefully this September or October, I'm finally going to get around to putting in that GV I bought earlier this year. I'm getting ready for a trip to the UK to attend my cousin's wedding so that's taking up all my resources besides making biodiesel.

Last edited:

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually, hopefully this September or October, I'm finally going to get around to putting in that GV I bought earlier this year. I'm getting ready for a trip to the UK to attend my cousin's wedding so that's taking up all my resources besides making biodiesel

Well let us all know how the trip goes to the UK. Would be interesting to see a video of your trip there in the truck. How much biodiesel do you figure it will take to get there? LOL LOL LOL

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John, what finally ended up being the cause of all your belt woes?

Congrats on the birthday! :thumbsup:

Mel, Having Gates belts was the cause of the belt woes. The Dayco belt thats on there now has been there for about 2 years.

Thanks on the BD congrats. It was back in April. I see you have an April BD also. I always thought you were an older than 1963 model though:confused:

I am a 1962 model with a few defects but no recalls. :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry John. I didn't mean your birthday (or mine for that matter LOL ) I was talking about the truck that just rolled over. That's a birthday of sorts.... seeing all those zeros, sometimes for the first time ever. ;Sweet

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, I hit 200k last week myself, cool zeros. I put 50k of them on there. I spend around $800 a year on my truck, some cauz I want too others because I have to, both feel good.

Put new NAPA SMF and clutch this year.

Don't want to get my hopes up too high but I'm gonna look @ a 88 6.9 manual shift, 125k running and driving truck tonight, good body no dents but because of the banks and repo's ???? can't be titled, who cares what a donor truck, $1000. I'll send pics if I get it, all I want is the motor and tranny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin