Turbo question

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Can i replace oil seals in my banks turbo without and specialty tools? And where would i get the seals?

I know the best option is send it to Russ, but i can't afford that and don't have any shaft play that would require new bushings...

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that is a garret turbo with a t04b center section. A p trim turbine and a h trim compressor wheel. If you end up pulling the unit apart you should get the unit balanced. T04b center sections are very common, and so are their parts. Be careful of cheap parts try to go with genuine Garrett stuff, especially if you rebuild the center section. I'm no expert.

Good luck

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the wastegated?

I'm not the final authority at all on this, but as far as I know, its very difficult to get parts for w.g. banks turbos. My understanding is that its easier to just buy a new one, but even that is a PIA because you need the right part # to order direct from Japan. That is what I've read most often on here...

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The waste gated one is a Mitsubishi heavy industries. I looked when i got mine and other than Chinese eBay junk I couldn't find anything. My local injection shop has a parts source and can rebuild them.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WG turbo is a Mitsubishi TE-06H.

Shouldn't be any special tools needed, however you would need to be very careful and it's 50/50 is the balance would be right when you're done. Probably better just send it out if you want it done right.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have the old carbon seal turbo, if so the backplate needs upgraded. I have some parts. pm me.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WG turbo is a Mitsubishi TE-06H.

Shouldn't be any special tools needed, however you would need to be very careful and it's 50/50 is the balance would be right when you're done. Probably better just send it out if you want it done right.

The funny part is te-07h parts are the ones that fit.HMMMMMM

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the big deal with messing up the balance? It you reinstall the compressor wheel so that it goes back the same place it came off (in relation to the turbine wheel), it shouldn't hurt anything.....right?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What's the big deal with messing up the balance? It you reinstall the compressor wheel so that it goes back the same place it came off (in relation to the turbine wheel), it shouldn't hurt anything.....right?

It will make a big differance with balance. These turbo shafts spin as fast as 120,000 plus rpm. Thats 2000 rpm per second. Any balance issues will ruin the turbo bearings in short order. No matter how close to reassemble the fans they will be off just a small amount. taking a close mearsurement is just that.. How close can you take a measurement. No matter what demension you use be it 1 thousands or 1 tenth thousands or 1 100 thousands. You can get a smaller measurement till there is no instrument on the planet that can cut it any closer. I think it great that we try to do things ourselves but there comes a time we need to have the experts do something for us.