Tube and Round can attached to intake on 94 IDI Turbo

Omnious

Reaction score
Hello all,

The attached image shows a tube that is attached to the intake and a round can that is mounted to the valve cover. Do i actually need this device or can i remove it when i put my new intake on the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

THank you in advance.

Omnious

sassyrel

Reaction score
that is your cdr valve...recirculation of engine internal vapors....some have made a road draft tube.................

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
You're missing an injector line clamp...

I had that one missing when I bought my blue truck. Within a few months the #4 hardline broke on me...

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
A 4 line clamp to the lower left of the turbo in your picture. Grabs all the lines

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You're missing an injector line clamp...

I had that one missing when I bought my blue truck. Within a few months the #4 hardline broke on me...

Thats a fact about breaking the lines. The posting about the location is correct. The cylinder numbers on that side of the engine are 2-4-6-8. It looks to me like the number 2 line has been replaced once by the color of it. That line broke on my engine because I didn't replace the clamps. Line cracked right at the injector line nut. Couldn't see the crack either. I was 20 miles from home so I wrapped the line in a rag and drove home on 7 cylinders... What a mess I made. Took it to a dealer and they ***** me for almost $400 to replace the line. One days work too. That was about 16 years ago when these engines were a mystry to me. They never saw my face nor my truck again either.... Thiefs for sure. To replace that line your going to need the special injector line nut tool. If you don't have it just remove the line till you have acess to it. Most any injectio pump repair shop will have the clamps or find any wrecking yard and remove the one from only that side of the junk engine.
As to the original question yes... You need that can because the engine blowby needs to vent somewhere. Some members fab up a hose to drop the blowby to the street but that makes a mess sometimes and other drivers may look at you thinking you truck is burning up fromthe smoke coming out from under it if you have a lot of blowby.

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
here is line clamp locations... along with alot more. lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member