Truck's all back together, with a MOOSE PUMP!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you go MOOSE pump for better mileage?

Honestly, I doubt it. Better milage is more a function of keeping the RPM's low and the timing right on. Good atomization at the injectors helps too. I'm sure of that, as I used to get really good milage with stock injectors, but lost a lot when I went with the DPS units, which *** fuel like a cow watering the pasture.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I'm surprised you haven't gone back to stock injectors. Probably go good with yer pump.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shoot -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss !!

I was going to get a video of the truck today but the transfer case gear shifter broke when it was in 4 low. I finally got the shifter out tonight and got the transfer case into 2 hi, so maybe tomorrow I will have a video for everyone.

BTW here is a picture of what broke.

Attachments

• MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 38

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It happens a lot, I have replaced a number of them They get crusted up inside the casting, especaly if they don't get used a lot. Then they get pulled or pushed on hard, and the casting breaks. Ford has made a lot of money selling the new shifter casting! I personally have bought 4 or 5 of them for different trucks.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It actually broke very easy. I had just barely pulled on it and then the knob came off in my hand, then I went to put it back on and pushed the shifter through the floor:eek: :eek: . It had been getting hard to shift before I tore into the truck in October and sitting all that time didn't help. The bolt that the gear shifter pivots on had siezed to the housing and had to be pressed out, which is why I thing it broke, but nothing a mig welder can't fix.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you haven't gone back to stock injectors. Probably go good with yer pump.

That's probably going to happen when and if I pursue a performance injector project to go with the Moose Pump offering.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to say what the egt and boost numbers were. The highest egt was 1050 and boost was 10 psi.

Chuckdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to do a double take. At first I thought it was Deeproots thread. LOL

Hey that's great. ;Sweet That intercooler is really doing a phenominal job for you. Remember boost numbers are always a little lower when running one. I'm please to finally see some posts from customers. I've sold 6, and there are still 3 that haven't been accounted for. I guess most guys that have been buying them are doing complete project build ups that take quite a while. Thanks for the report. :thumbsup:

what is a moose pump? I guess you build them. I will be needing one this year, mine is getting sluggish. I just got new injectors, well last summer but they made a good differince.

pullcat

Registered Cruiser
Reaction score
Hey Brandon,

How does does the exhaust sound with the 5 inch pipe? Did you loose any of the high rpm cackle? Do you think it helped out your egt's? Where did you purchase your tailpipe? I would love see some video of how your exhaust sound. Oh by the way great job!!!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That thing sounds seriously nice ;Sweet Too bad my pump only has about 7000 miles on it. I;ve got something to look forward to :D

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I'll get pretty good milage estimates this week.
driving 250miles away to a firefightin course.
considering i've always lived in the 14-15mpg range, I assume I'll hold pretty close... dunno tho.
250 miles one way at 3000rpms :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online