Truck down!

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. So the oil pressure sender was not reading high or low. It was right it the middle where it always is. It did read a little low a while back, that's when I found out that I had the oil leak and started topping it off. I'll try to turn the engine tonight.

pb

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,seeing as you still had oil I would suggest pulling the valve covers and look for anything off.Might have broke a valve.If something internal did break lets hope it was just a valve.Less ruined parts.

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I pulled the driver's side valve cover and found a bent pushrod. The valves look ok, as in they all look to still be in place. I will be checking under the passenger side tomorrow. Could it have just been one bent rod?

Paul B.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Remove the rocker arm on the bent pushrod valve. See if the vlave spring is loose. Maybe the valve broke and the lifter is holding the valve in the open position making "things" look normal under the covers....

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the problem, or at least the result of the problem. See pics below. I'm guessing the bearings or something on the bottom of the engine blew out in a major way.

Paul B
vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No fears... A little JB Weld can fix that right up... Gees.. Thats really a mess. When the rod broke it damaged both pan rails and the block. Looks like you need a block.. Maybe a complete motor but thats not known till you take it apart. Sure sorry about your loose...:cry:

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say it damaged the block, are you referring to the hole above the oil pan on the driver's side?

Paul B

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that is a bad deal, come on up here to Choo Choo town and take a look at the 7.3 I have, I will make you a good deal.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,That engine is scrap.When they let go like that it usually distroys everything.Crank,Block,atleast one head since the piston flew up and took out a valve and pushrod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online