Transmission to Block Bolt size?

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
While having my daughter pump the clutch pedal so I could bleed the slave cylinder, I noticed movement of the trans relative to the engine.. Upon further inspection I found that the bolt over the area of the starter that holds the trans to the engine was missing. Yay, wonderful... Anyway, I am having zero luck finding a bolt size, a bolt set, or anything concerning those particular bolts from online sources... Does anyone here happen to know the thread/size of those bolts or if there is a set offered by anyone? I swear, it's like I take one step forward and two steps back!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
wish i could help you right now dude. i have a ton of extra bolts and a spare motor sitting on the ground but thats an hour away

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They are 1/2x13 threads per inch. As for length I really don't know but.. If you were to pull one from the other side of the engine. Measure the length and your all set. Just make sure you buy a quality grade 8 bolt. Who was the last person to work on those bolts. May be a good idea to check the other trans bolts too.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of the bell housing bolts coming loose on these engines before. Might try some loctite blue on it when you put it back in. Torque wrench would be great, but it's not the easiest location to get to.