Trac/PanHard Bar?

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Hey all, I finally got my plan down for doing a dana 60 swap on my 93 f250. I'll be going with skys 2" RSK kit and it seems the they recommend a panhard bar that attaches to the bottom of motor cross member and then attaches to the bottom of the passenger u bolt plate. I heard these style bars don't really do anything on an rsk is that true?

People seem say a true one mounts to frame and bends over diff and attaches to axle tube?

Can someone please educate me on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fyrfghter

Reaction score
I run the same kit, no track bar or sway bar needed. Mine runs straight as an arrow with no death wobble or body roll. The beauty is you can always go back and add one if you have issues down the road. However typically Death wobble comes from loose suspension and steering joints or improper geometry.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Why did you decide to go sky vs PMF rsk kit

fyrfghter

Reaction score
Why did you decide to go sky vs PMF rsk kit

They are local, it looked to be pretty beef and they have a lot of other complimentary parts.

batchman

Reaction score
they have a lot of other complimentary parts.

When my parts start telling me how good my ideas are, I know I've had one too many beers ;) ...

That said, I wouldn't think a Panhard would have enough useful range for a lot of articulation.

Cheers,
- Jeff

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
They are local, it looked to be pretty beef and they have a lot of other complimentary parts.

Ok makes sense, I’ve been debating over the sky or PMF

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a pmf kit with skys bracket and adjustable track bar. Very nice quality on both

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically you need to keep your front axle from moving side to side, especially when the steering box is moving the steering linkage. You can rely on the leaf springs, or a track bar. The track bar moves in a arc, so you need to keep it as long and as level as possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance